18.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

"Will you tell me what's wrong, Priya?" Rahul asks. "Are you upset with me?"

Rahul drove us to Lonalava for the weekend. He said it would be some good quality time for us to spend time together and to get to know each other.

He booked a house for us and we were sitting at the dining table. I was doing my homework while Rahul was doing his work in front of me.

The house was beautiful. It was cute and rustic from the outside but modern in the inside, surprisingly. I guess it was renovated newly.

Rahul told me that his client let us borrow his vacation house for a couple of days.

I sigh. "Nothing is wrong, Rahul," I dismiss him.

I had so much work to do this weekend and it certainly didn't help that Rahul whisked me away to this beautiful place.

"Something is clearly wrong when you barely speak to me. You give me dismissive answers whenever I try to make conversation with you," Rahul says, frustrated.

"There's nothing wrong. I'm trying to do work here, Rahul." I grow annoyed at him. I get up from the dining table and head into the kitchen to grab myself a glass of water.

Rahul follows behind me. "I don't believe you! Ever since last night you've been acting weird. And even weirder since I picked you up from your college."

I turn back around to face him. "I'm sorry that I'm not interested in having a conversation with you. But, I'm stressed about school, okay? I'm already behind even though it's the first day. I've been focused on that. And you've been focused on other people."

Rahul narrows his eyes on me. "Are you jealous? Is this about the girls in the parking lot?" I'm surprised he connected the dots so quickly.

"No," I deny quickly, causing Rahul to smirk.

"This is definitely about that."

"No, it isn't," I deny again.

"Yes, it is," Rahul counters.

"No, it isn't. I don't care if you talk to other girls. Now if you'll excuse me, I will go and take a shower." I rush past him but I am stopped at the stairs to go upstairs by Rahul. He holds onto my wrist and refuses to let go.

"You're the only one for me, Priya. I love you. And I really mean it," Rahul says. He was sincere. I can tell by the tone of his voice. It almost makes me melt. Almost.

I roll my eyes at him. "Yet, you were the one fucking someone else while we were still married."

Rahul cringes at what I had to say. "Aisha and I-. We never had sex while I was married to you, Priya. I might have emotionally cheated on you, but I would've never physically cheat. You know me."