14.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

"Hey, Didi!" Aishu says as she falls back onto her bed. I was sleeping in her room for the night. She is getting married tomorrow and I wanted to spend some time with her.

"So, tell me! Are you excited about tomorrow?" I question joining Aisha on the bed.

"I'm excited," Aishu's face glows with her smile. "But I'm also nervous at the same time."

"Aishu, you'll be fine. I know you are going to be the most beautiful bride ever!" I give her an encouraging hug.

"I don't know, Didi. It's just that, I am nervous about getting married," Aishu admits as she sits back up on the bed and takes my hands into hers.

"Aishu, you still want to get married right?" I ask telling her what I am worried about. "If you're not sure, then there's still time to back out."

"No, I still want to get married. This is a good type of nervousness," Aishu informs me.

I visually relax. "That's good."

"But, I'm scared of marriage. I don't know how to do this," Aishu voices her fears.

"Aishu! There is nothing to be scared of. Everything is going to turn out fine," I say as I give her another hug.

"It's easy for you! You were practically made to be a perfect wife. You were never scared of marriage. You automatically knew what to do and what not to do," Aishu points out.

"What!?" I was far from not being scared. "I was so scared of getting married, Aishu. I got married to a man I barely knew and I was moving to a city I barely knew. Sure Rahul's family was there to help me, but they weren't you or Babuji. These types of nerves are common for everyone before they get married. You're starting a new chapter in your life and that can be scary. But I want you to know that even though we don't have a mother, I'll be there to help if you ever need anything."

"Are you kidding me?! I know I don't remember our mother since she died when I was a baby, but ever since I could remember anything you have been the one that always took care of me. So to me, you are my mother, no one else is," Aishu starts crying and hugs me.

"Aishu!" I start to cry and hug her back, "And don't worry everything is going to be fine. You are going to be the best wife Arnav can have, the best bhabhi Arnav's younger brother can have, and the best bahu Arnav's parents could ever have. You are going to be best," I give some reassurance to Aishu.

"Thank you, Didi," Aishu thanks me giving me a hug.

"Now, let's go to bed. We have to get up in a few hours," I say turning off the lights and laying down on the bed to sleep.

• • • • •

"Babuji, you did call the workers and told them to get the flowers on their way over here, right?" I question him as I check off the fruits on the list of things that we needed to get to our house.