27.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

"The test wasn't that bad," I comment as Ananya, Dhurv, Ishaan, Rudra, and I come out of the exam hall.

"Yeah. But have you guys seen Naina anywhere?" Ananya questions as we enter the cafeteria.

"She missed the exam?" I frown. That wasn't like Naina. She rarely misses a day of college and on exam day, impossible.

"That's so weird. Is she okay? Call her," Dhurv suggests.

I nod and put my bag on the table. I take my phone out and I call her a few times but it goes to the answering machine.

"She's not picking up." I look at my friends, worried that something happened to her.

The doors open with a bang. Naina comes into the cafeteria, angrily. Her eyes search the room and stop on Ishaan.

"You. You did this. This is all your fault." Naina points her finger at Ishaan.

"What did I do?!" Ishaan asks innocently.

Naina laughs sarcastically, with tears in her eyes. "What did you do? What did you do? Priya, he's asking me what he did."

"Naina, are you okay?" Ananya puts her hand on Naina's shoulder.

Naina starts bawling and Ananya gives her a hug. Ananya gives me a worried look.

"Come on. Let's get out of here." I help Ananya get Naina out of the canteen hall and into an empty classroom. The guys follow.

"Naina, tell us. What happened?" I make Naina sit down. Ananya hands her water bottle.

"Naina babe, just chill," Ishaan says and Naina throws him a glare.

Naina gets up and starts hitting Ishaan. Dhurv and Rudra hold Naina back.

"Naina, calm down. Just explain what happened," Rudra says.

Naina starts crying again. "Arjun canceled the marriage."

"What? Why would he do that?" Ananya questions. I glance at Ishaan. He definitely has something to do with this.

"Apparently someone told him I was a characterless woman. That I had numerous boyfriends and that I am a slut who sleeps with every guy I see." Naina bawls.

"What? And Arjun just believed that person?" I ask, shocked.

"Why wouldn't he? When the person who told him that stuff was Ishaan, my best friend." Naina looks at Ishaan. "What did I ever do to you?"

Naina looks back at the rest of us and continues the story. "Arjun told his parents and they came last night to cancel the marriage. When my dad ask why they said some bad stuff about me and my parents in front of our guests. Papa got a heart attack. That's why I couldn't come to the exam. I was in the hospital since last night."