32.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

"What was up with Anandi?" Rahul asks. I was sitting at the vanity, applying some lotion to my arms before I headed to bed.

My eyes meet Rahul's through the mirror. I looked away because I knew I would have to lie to him. Again. "Nothing."

"It didn't seem like nothing," Rahul probes more. And he wasn't wrong. Anandi was pregnant. And Shivaay was the father. I don't know how the whole family will react to that news.

"It's nothing, Rahul," I tell him.

"Why do I feel like you guys have been hiding something from me for the last few weeks? You've been acting weird whenever you have these conversations with Anandi." Rahul sighs. "You can tell me anything. I want to know if something's wrong in your or Anandi's life."

I wanted to tell Rahul. So bad. I feel guilty for hiding this information from him. Rahul looks at me with concern. And I can see the worry in his eyes. This was bothering him. So I decided to tell him about Shivaay and Anandi. I couldn't lie to him anymore. "Anan-..."

I was interrupted by Rahul's phone before I could finish what I would say.

He heads over to the nightstand to answer his phone.

"What? Is she alright?" Rahul asked all concerned, and I got up to him with concern.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"Anandi's in the hospital," Rahul tells me.

I gasp out loud. And all I could feel is worry for her. And worry for the baby. Oh my god. The baby. Was the baba alright?

"How is she doing?" He asks the person on the phone. "Okay, Priya and I will be there soon. We're going to start right away."

"Is she alright?" I ask as soon as Rahul gets off the phone.

"Yes, she's alright. But, Siddu said we needed to go to the hospital immediately. He refused to tell me anything else."

• • • • •

"How is she?" Rahul immediately asks Papa.

"She's fine," Papa answers. He looks like 10 years were added to his age. He seems very tired and worried. "She got into a minor accident before she fell unconscious."

"She had a miscarriage," Siddu informs Rahul. But he focuses in on me. Siddu nods in acknowledgment when he sees the lack of shock on my face. He knows that I knew about the pregnancy.

"What?" Rahul is shocked. And rightfully so. No one knows that she was even seeing someone. Much less being pregnant.

I couldn't help but feel guilty that I knew more in this situation than anyone else. I want to tell them about Shivaay. But I'm not so sure that it is the right time now. They're going to ask Anandi about who the father is. So maybe it's best to hear the truth from her.