30.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

I turn the steering wheel to the left. I borrowed Rahul's car and was meeting up with Aishu at Babuji's apartment. It's been a while since I've talked to either of them so we wanted to meet up for lunch. It's crazy how life gets so busy that I barely have any time for two of the most important people in my life.

I see that Anandi is calling me from the car's screen. I sigh. I was currently very annoyed and upset with her.

She showed up extremely late to her own graduation. I had to keep lying to everyone as to why she was late — the real reason being her boyfriend and my best friend, Shivaay.

Despite my negative feelings towards Anandi right now, I still pick up the call.

"I'm so sorry, Bhabhi," Anandi apologizes as soon as I pick up the call.

"Do you even know how late you were, Anandi?" I ask her angrily. "You said you were going to meet us before the ceremony. Instead, you showed up behind stage right before your name was called. What was I supposed to tell your family if you didn't show up?"

"Bhabhi, I'm really sorry. Shivaay and I lost track of time," she explains which doesn't do anything but increase my anger on Shivaay. He was the older one here. I can't believe he is being so immature. I need to also speak to him.

"This won't happen again," Anandi says when I don't say anything to her previous response.

"It better not," I warn Anandi.

"Thank you, Bhabhi. I love you."

I sigh as all of my anger for Anandi disappears. "Look, Anandi. A boyfriend is a big part of your world but isn't your whole world. I want you to remember that you also have other responsibilities in this world. You're not just a girlfriend, but also a sister, a daughter, a friend, a student. I don't want you to forget about the rest of your life and focus in on Shivaay. I want you to be focusing on your career first before anything else. I'm sure Shivaay will also agree."

I'll make him agree once I get off of the phone with Anandi.

"I promise, Bhabhi. Something like this won't happen again."

"Alright, good. Look, I'll speak to you tonight when I come back. Okay?" I pull into Babuji's apartment complex and park the car.

"I'll see you tonight." With that I hang up the phone, and start dialing Shivaay's number.

He answers the call within the first couple of rings. "What's up, Priya darling?" I can clearly hear someone giggling in the background.

"What are you doing with Anandi?" I cut to the chase. Shivaay needed to know that this conversation was serious.

"What about her?" Shivaay questions. His tone void of any playfulness that was there a second ago. "We're having fun."

"Are you sure she knows that?"