31.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

I stare at the screen in front of me. I furrow my eyebrows in frustration. I was tasked with making a good bid for a new tender.

All of this was quite new to me, since I've only joined the office about two months ago. Siddu and Rahul help me a lot.

Siddu has also joined the family business a couple of weeks ago along with Anandi. But he already knows what he's doing. He's smart when it comes business type stuff. Anandi is more involved in the cybersecurity aspect of the company so she can't help me much.

I was getting frustrated with this. I don't know how to even come up with a good bid. But, Papa trusted me to do so. He said he believes in me and I want to prove him right.

But, right now, I couldn't concentrate because my gurgling stomach. I was starving. And it was only 10 am. I had 2 more hours before I could go and get myself lunch.

I didn't even get to eat breakfast in the morning because I was running late. I woke up late because of certain late night activities which included my dear husband.

Rahul wanted me to eat breakfast but I refused. I had an important meeting that I needed to attend. Now, I am seriously regretting my decision.

I place my head on my desk and close my eyes. But then, I hear a knock on the door. I groan out loud. I just wanted some peace and quiet.

Despite my negative feelings, I yell. "Come in!"

"Order for Mrs. Sharma? A caramel latte and a plain bagel, toasted with cream cheese," a familiar voice calls out. It was Rahul.

I lift my head and start smiling at him. I lean back in my chair. "You got me food?"

Rahul matches my smile. "Of course." He walks over to my desk and places the coffee and brown bag of food in front of me. He then sits down across from me.

I quickly open the bag and take out my bagel. I take a bite of it and moan loudly in appreciation. This was such an amazing bagel. Maybe I was just hungry, but right now it tasted like heaven. I swallow the bite.

"Thank you," I say as my eyes meet Rahul's. His eyes twinkling at me. I know he finds it amusing at how I've devoured this bagel.

I pout at him. "Stop looking at me like that," I complain. "I was hungry."

Rahul tucks a piece of my hair behind my ears. "I know. You can't function if you don't eat breakfast."

I get up from my chair and give Rahul a hug. He knows me so much. He didn't have to get me something to eat, but he did because he cares for me a lot. All of his actions show that.

Rahul rests his hands on my waist as he places lips on my neck. He pushes me away from him and then places his lips on mine. I moan lightly into the kiss, as my hands grip onto Rahul's hair.