34.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

I flinch at the impact. Shivaay falls to the ground but doesn't try to fight back.

"Rahul! Are you crazy?" I yell at him as I kneel to Shivaay to help him. 

Hearing the commotion, the rest of the family enters the hospital room.

"Rahul, what are you doing?" Papa scolds him.

"Papa, this is all his fault." Rahul points to Shivaay. "He's the reason why Anandi is like this. He dated in her private and then got her pregnant."

"This is not all his fault. It is my fault as much as Shivaay's," Anandi comes to his defense.

"Shut up, Anandi!" Rahul hisses at her. "He's 4 years older than you. He should be wise enough to know not to get into a relationship with someone who barely graduated from university."

"Rahul, that's enough! This is a hospital, for god sake," Papa commands him to keep shut. "Siddu, take Rahul outside. He needs some time to cool down. Priya beta, take Shivaay to get some first aid. Pooja and I need some time to talk to Anandi alone."

I take Shivaay out of the room once Rahul and Siddu leave. It was best to make their interaction as limited as possible.

I informed a nurse nearby that Shivaay needed some medical help, and she was able to help us out. As she disinfected Shivaay's cut jaw, I decided I needed to thank Shivaay. 

"Thanks, Shivaay."

He shoots me a look. He was confused about why I was thanking him instead of scolding him.

"I know my best friend, and I know my husband. I know you could have easily hit Rahul back, but you didn't," I explain.

Shivaay sighs. "He's just overprotective of Anandi. And he should be. Plus, I could never hit someone you love, Priya. I would just be hurting you, then. And I can't be hurting my best friend like that." He playfully bumps his shoulders with mine.

• • • • •

I sigh as I lie down on the sofa watching some TV. I came back two hours ago from Ma and Papa's house. Anandi got discharged, so I spent time with her before coming home to an empty house. 

Rahul was still not home. He was out with Siddu. I would be worried, but Siddu was giving me hourly updates.

Shivaay got on the next flight to London and was boarding the flight right now.

Siddu: 'Just dropped him off. FYI, he's still upset'

The message from Siddu read. I knew he would be upset. But I wanted to clear this negative energy between us. I hated that we were on such bad terms. Sure, we fought before. But it was never like this. He was never this upset with me before.