9.

Rahul's P

Rahul's P.O.V.

My heart couldn't stop beating fast since I've discovered my true feelings for Priya. I couldn't wait to tell her that I loved her.

But first, I needed to go home and update Ma and Dad of where I was going.

"MA! DAD!" I yell as soon as I come home. I wanted to go meet Priya as fast as possible.

My parents and Anandi were staying over at our apartment at the moment to give Rohan Bhai and Boomi Bhabhi some privacy.

"Siddu! Rahul Bhai! Why are you guys home so early?" Anandi questions as she gets up from the sofa to go greet us.

"I don't have time to explain but I have to go to Rampur as soon as possible," I tell everyone as I dump the bags onto the floor.

I needed to take a shower and then pack more clothes to go to Priya's village in Uttar Pradesh.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Ma exclaims, confused by my commotion. "Where is Priya? Why did only you two come home?"

"I-I...Ma, I...," I couldn't think of an excuse as to why Priya left Goa and went straight to Rampur. She would've came back home first. That was the plan all along.

"What did you do, Rahul?" Ma says as her eyes close in on me.

I take Ma's hands into mine. "We had an argument, Ma. Nothing serious. I'm going to fix this, don't worry." I don't tell her the whole truth because I know she would be angrier.

"If it's nothing serious, then why would she leave the trip and go directly to Rampur?" Ma takes her hand out of mine and then smacks me in the head. "I want you to fix this Rahul. I want her back home when the wedding is over."

"Why do you assume that this is all my fault?" I pout at her.

"Because Priya wouldn't do anything wrong!" Ma exclaims.

"I know she doesn't. She's perfect," I sigh. She really was. The perfect daughter, perfect wife, perfect bahu, and probably the perfect mother too. "That's why I need to fix this. Siddu and I are going to Rampur right now."

"Rahul, I know you want to talk to Priya, but Rampur is about a days trip. Why don't you wait till tomorrow morning to go?" Dad suggests.

"I can't, Dad. I need to talk to her right away," I say.

•    •    •    •    •

"Ugh! We are finally here!" Siddu says as he gets out of the auto and takes our bags. After two days of traveling, we were finally in Rampur.

I sigh. I was so nervous to tell Priya about my feelings for her. I genuinely don't know how she would react.

But, then I see how the whole house was filled with guests already. The wedding was a week away, and there were already so many guests? How would I even tell her Priya about my love for her with all these guests around? I know for a fact that she wouldn't be alone for even a second.