35.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

It's been a couple of days since my conversation with Ma. I took her advice and gave Rahul some space. 

He's been ignoring me consistently. We hadn't spoken in almost a week, the longest we'd ever gone. When we would have fought before, they usually would get solved within a day or two. But this, this was dragging along for too long. 

I wanted to talk to him again a few days ago, but I remember what Ma said. Give him a couple of days to cool down. So, even if it hurt me, I decided not to talk to him too.

It doesn't help that we work in the same office. We see each other constantly and are reminded of our arguments. We don't want to make it awkward for the rest of the family, but it is hard to do that when we make them our messengers during office hours. The perks of working with your family.

I was working on the financial details of a tender when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

I look up to see Siddu and Rahul there. I raise my eyebrow at Siddu as to why both of them were there.

Rahul clears his throat and nudges Siddu with his elbow.

Siddu sighs. He was getting tired of our antics. Honestly, I was too. "Rahul is asking when you'll finish your part of the tender."

"You can tell him I'll be done by the end of the week," I tell Siddu.

Rahul furiously types on his phone and shows it to Siddu. "He's asking if you know the tender is due in two weeks. He would-," Siddu looks back at the phone, "he would like it done by this Thursday."

I glare at Rahul. He was doing this on purpose. He has been trying to make my work the past week difficult. I know he was behind the tenders being turned in late to me and then asking me to turn them in the next 2 days.

"Tell him that it's not my fault his incompetent team is turning in the tenders late to me. It's very unfair to ask for them back when I barely have 2 days to work on them," I say as I glare at Rahul.

"Well, Siddu, tell her it takes time for the tenders to be written up. She can begin working on the financial data when we get assigned the tender. I'm sorry that could be hard for a college dropout to understand," Rahul shoots back.

My nostrils flare in anger and hurt. He knew exactly why I had to drop out of college. I had to take care of my sick father. And he was throwing that back in my face.

"Alright, I am done with this bullshit. I am done being your messenger. So you guys can figure this out. Bye-bye." With that, Siddu leaves the office, closing the door behind him.

"You don't have to send Siddu in to give me messages anymore. You can email me," I tell Rahul as I turn my attention back to my monitor. It was my way of kicking him out of my office. I didn't necessarily want to continue talking to him after he verbally attacked me.