40.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

Six Months Later

"Are you sure about this?" My lawyer, Tina asks both of us.

Rahul at first refused to believe the fact that I wanted a divorce. He would come to my apartment every day and try to convince me out of getting a divorce but I was persistent. I wanted a divorce.

Eventually, Rahul stopped trying to convince me and agreed to get the divorce. We met with both of our lawyers, a few months ago and got the divorce papers finalized. I didn't want unnecessary drama so we decided that it would be best to get a mutual divorce. I also didn't want any of his money, so the divorce process was smooth sailing.

Ma and Papa were heartbroken. The whole family was. I think they all thought Rahul and I would eventually work things out. But, we didn't.

I was concerned with how my relationship with all of them would be after the divorce. But, their treatment of me didn't change at all. They continued to view me as a daughter, inviting me to weekly dinners without Rahul to make me and him comfortable.

"Yes," I say. I can feel Rahul's gaze on me.

He clears his throat. "I am too."

Rahul's lawyer, David sighs. "Okay, well I need you guys to sign here." He flips to through the divorce papers.

Rahul and I both reach for the pen on the table. Our hands touch and it feels nice to feel his touch even if it was for a second. We both retract our hands.

"You first," I say, looking at him.

He glares at me and grabs the pen. He angrily signs the divorce papers. I grab the pen after him and sign the papers.

"Okay, you are officially divorced. I'll file these papers," Tina tells us.

"I can leave, right?" Rahul questions. "I have a business meeting I have to attend to."

"Yes, we're done here," as David says that Rahul gets up from his chair and leaves.

I follow him out and call his name. "Rahul!"

He ignores me and keeps walking.

I frown at him and run after him. "Rahul, wait." I grab onto his arm.

He snatches his arm away from my touch. "I don't want to talk to you ever again."

"Rahul, just listen to me...," I start to say.

"No, I loved you and you broke my heart. I don't want you in my life," he harshly tells me.

"Loved?" I ask, tears springing to my eyes.

"Yes, loved. I don't love you anymore. I don't even know how I was able to love you before." He looks at me with disgust. With that, he turns around and leaves me alone.

The fact that Rahul didn't love me anymore hurts the most. I know that I've hurt him a lot by wanting a divorce but he doesn't realize how much he has hurt me.

My phone buzzes in my hand and I look at the message from the unknown phone number.

Did you do it? It read.

I type back. It's done.

Good. We all know what the consequences would have been if you didn't divorce Rahul.

I can't believe What Hurts More? is finished! As you can tell, the ending is sort of a cliffhanger which means I am making a sequel to this

I can't believe What Hurts More? is finished! As you can tell, the ending is sort of a cliffhanger which means I am making a sequel to this. Yes, that's right there is going to be a What Hurts More? 2. There will be more details about the book in the authors note I'm going to post. Like if it's going to be a separate book or if I'm going to continue it under this book. All of your questions will be answered in that note. How do you think the ending is? Comment. Vote.