13.

Priya's P

Priya's P.O.V.

I run outside to get some air. The closer Rahul comes to me, the more confused I get. He clouds my judgement and I can never think without a clear mind around him.

"Trouble in paradise?" A voice behind me questions. I look behind me and I recognize that it was Shivaay.

"No," I deny. Maybe a little too quickly and Shivaay definitely notices.

"Hey, it's me, your best friend. You can tell me anything," Shivaay says.

I scoff at him. "Where was my best friend these past few months?" I ask. Shivaay flinches at the tone of my voice.

Shivaay wouldn't text me back or call me back whenever I would. He was one of the reasons why I felt extremely lonely a few months back.

I grimace at how my words came out. "I'm sorry," I apologize.

"No, don't apologize. I guess I should explain why I left for London so abruptly and why I didn't stay in touch."

I look at him in confusion. "What-Why...?"

"I like you, Priya," Shivaay interrupts. My mouth falls open in shock.

Shivaay chuckles sarcastically as he looks away for a second. His eyes meet mine again. "I like you, Priya. I knew you didn't feel that way about me so I left. London was an escape. I had to move on and I couldn't do that when you kept texting me, calling me. I had to ignore you so I could move on."

"Shivaay, I didn't know..." I look at him guiltily. I never had those type of feelings for him. He was my best friend, a brother. That was all.

"Now, don't feel guilty, Priya," Shivaay scolds. "I never told you because I didn't want you to feel guilty for not returning the same feelings."

"Shivaay, I-..."

"I moved on, okay? I dated girls, lots of girls in London. I even found a girlfriend. Her name is Deepika. However, we aren't exactly on good terms lately," Shivaay rants.

I pull him into a hug to stop him from saying anything else. "I'm sorry," I say again. I pull back a bit to see his face. "For everything." And I meant it. I'm sorry for the way his relationship was turning out but also for not being able to return his feelings.

"Priya, just know that I don't blame you. I hope we can keep being friends," Shivaay tells me. He heads inside, leaving me all alone.

Rahul comes outside of the building, clapping. I look at him in confusion. "I heard everything. Is this why you're so desperate to give me a divorce? Is it because you want to be with Shivaay?" Rahul accuses as he stands next to me. He grinds his teeth and fists his hands.

I couldn't believe that he would say something like that. Shivaay was my best friend and he was like an older brother to me. Shivaay might have romantic feelings for me but I never did for him. I was livid that Rahul even suggested something like that. I scoff to myself as I fold my hands over my chest. "I was never the one to cheat, Rahul. That was you." I turn away from him.