Chapter 38: No Happy Endings

Guy, omg, so sorry for not updating in forever! But we hit my goal of 5K! You all are the best! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!
Who lives in Texas? Maybe we live near each other. OKAY, chapter 38!

I slowly walk over to the small glass bottle. I lean down and grab in. A painful quick shock goes down travels from my hand up my arm. I wince and drop the bottle.

I look at the bottle confused. I rub my arm and reach down again and grab it. It didn't shock me that time.

I inspect the bottle and notice a piece of rolled up paper inside. I pop open the cork and shake out the paper, unrolling it.

Dear Lost Girl,

To our lost girl, we miss you. Its boring here on Neverland without you. The boys think your dead, but I know your not. Your as real as ever. Pan misses you, he won't admit it, but he does. I know he does. After all, I've known him for nearly two thousand years. Its only common knowledge to know when your best friend is in pain.

And he is. I promise. I don't really know why I'm writing this, but I know that I have to. Maybe it's magic, maybe your destined to make your way back to us. Your Family. Well I better go, Pan will be back any time now, and if he sees me writing this...I don't know what he'll do. He's changed you know. I hope you'll come back so you can fix him.

Your Brother,
Felix

As I read, tears were streaming down my face. Why does everyone assume I have to save Peter? And what has happened? At first I wasn't sure wether or not I should return to Neverland, but now I'm positive I must.

Something is happening, and I don't think it's good. And I miss the boys. Oh how I do. I reach for the necklace Johnson gave to be after his death. I wanted to cry, but I knew I must be strong.

And its scares me to think that Felix, Peter best friend for nearly two thousand years, doesn't even know who Peter is anymore. Its not possible that my disappearance caused that, is it?

I wiped the tears off my face with the back of my palm, stick the note in my pocket, and start to jog to Grany's.

How would I even get back to Neverland? My magic was weak and I didn't want to risk hurting myself. It would require a big spell I presume. I would think of that later. I have bigger problems.

Should I tell Regina? After all, she does have her memories, it says it in the book. But what would she do? Would she be threatened by me for knowing her secret? Would she won't me gone?

Because that would be dreadful, I see Regina as...a mom. But in the book, she did kill her dad. So what would she do to me?

I wish my life was simple.

As I jog up to the diner I slow down and catch my breath. I walk inside and notice not a lot of people are here this early on Saturday. Go figure.

I check the time and its 7:25.

Ruby's face lights up and she gives me a smile as I sit at the bar.

"What's up? I've never seen you here at this time of day." She said while resting her head on her hand.

I nod, "Well let's just say I needed to think."

Ruby straightened her back. "What's wrong?" She says with concern. I sigh and look at my hands than back at Ruby.

"I remember. I remember everything, Ruby." She looked at me confused.

"Well isn't that a good thing?" She questioned.

I shake my head. "Not when you realize your life is one big mess."