Chapter 35: As Usual

My heavy eyelids start to open and fuzzy shapes start to come into view. Where am I? What happened? I fully open my eyes and fear starts inching up into my chest. I was sitting in a dark room.

I try to yell but my voice was only muffled by something covering my mouth. It was a cloth. I try moving my arms, but only hurt my wrist as they rub against the rope holding them. The same with my feet.

I shake my body over and over hoping to somehow get out, or break the restraints. Nothing works. Tears start to spill from my eyes as panic mixes with the fear aching in my chest.

The only light provided was from the moon shining through a dusty window. All that could be seen was a fire place with nothing in it.

Suddenly a noise could be heard. I stopped crying and listened. It sounded like footsteps.

Somebody was coming. The door swung open, and the silhouette of a dark body came into view. The body walked closer, their shoes clicking with each step.

I tried to lean back, but failed as my back collided with the back of the chair.

The person put a finger on my cheek and made a tisk sound with their tongue.

"Poor Wendy." A familiar voice said. My fear turned into confusion.

She walked over to the corner of the room and light flicked on from an oil lamp. Her face was exposed and the familiar voice was tied to a someone.

She set the lamp down on a desk and walked over to me, my confused expression never leaving my face.

She reached behind my head and untied the cloth covering my mouth.

I licked my lips and looked up at her.

"Kadence?"

"Hello." She said raising an eyebrow.

"What are you doing?" I yelled.

"Nothing. Just thought we could have a chat." She pulled a chair out from under the desk and sat across from me.

"This doesn't make sense. Why am I tied up!" I said more as a statement than a question.

"Yes it does!" She snapped. I blinked hard.

"How did I get here?" I looked around the room.

"Dart gun and some morphine. Did you know my parents are doctors?" She said looking down at her nails.

"No." I said skeptically.

Her head snapped up and there was something in her eyes that wasn't human. More like crazy.

"Because their not! Their not even my parents!" She yelled with her hands in the air.

"So, you're adopted! What does this have to do with me?" She laughed.

She looked down at the ground than back up at me. "I'm not adopted stupid. They think I'm their child but I'm not."

"What are you talking about?" I breathed.

"I'm talking about this town! Its on a curse! And your the only one who can get all of our memories back." She said with pleading eyes.

I gave a confused look." Don't you get it Wendy! Nobody can leave Storybrooke, or enter. But here you are! You must remember something."

I shake my head." If this town is cursed, how come you remember?" I ask slowly.

"I don't know. But as soon as you came, it all fell into place. Everything doesn't feel so empty and lost." She said looking off as if remembering something.