Chapter 47:Light and Darkness

Its been to long since I've been on wattpad, and it makes me sad, I lots like 1,000 reads since I've been gone. But whatever, it's not like I'm going to crawl in a ball and cry tonight.....

Nick-

This Wendy Darling that I see in front of me is the same one I had known once. Shes...different, that fire that she had always carried around her like a badge of honor, is fading. Its Pan, I'm sure of it, because the Wendy that I know would never cry while everyone was watching. It surprised me. But in a strange way she seems to hold a sense of power around here, and that she does carry with honor.

And as she walked through the jungle, the littlest blades of grass were following her.

I cleared my throat, "Wendy I feel there's something you're not telling me?" I questioned. She stopped.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" She replied still looking forward. I swallowed. 

"Well, its just...you're different. You've changed." She turned quickly with an arched brow.

"Is that a good or bad thing?" She asked suspiciously. I struggled for awhile, at a lose of words, but finally the words fell out.  

"I don't know." I answered honestly. She looked down and back up to my eyes, but something had shifted in her eyes.

"How 'bout we talk about you?" She said while a smirk played on her lips. I had to say, it scared me a little.

"I've already told-" 

"Bull." She interrupted me. My eyes grew wide in shock. "Yeah, don't act like I don't know you made up that story." She leaned against a tree trunk. 

"I-I...don't know what you're taking about." I could feel my face heat up.

"You are one bad liar." She inched closer until our bodies where barely touching. "So tell me Nick, what secret are you hiding." Chills feel down my spine. 

"Okay maybe I wasn't all that honest about why I'm here." She stepped back and it was like nothing had ever happened. 

"Go on." She pushed. 

"Well, the real reason I'm here is much different." I looked down. "Look Wendy, there's a lot about me you don't know. My father was an alcoholic, and my mother had started  popping pills to hide the pain of my fathers alcohol problem. I mean, its not like my parents where abusive, unless you count just not caring about their kid."

I shook my head, "I mean its not like I cared, but when I started volunteering at the home, it felt like I had a home. Mrs. Keplen knew of my parents and took pity on me, and let me hang around a lot more often. And then one day, I guess my parents where both passed out, drunk or high, and didn't bother to turn the stove off and there I stood watching firefighters risking their lives for people who probably didn't even really deserve it. Whatever, it doesn't matter because they both died anyway." My jaw clenched.

"So I guess in my desperate attempts to find a family, Pan decided I was fucked up enough to take, and here I am." I looked up and saw the depressing look on Wendy's face. She feels pity for me.                    

 "Its okay though, because here I am, in the most beautiful place in all of the realms." I tried to lighten up the mood.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know it was that deep. Damn." She whispered as she continued to walk.

"It's not like I feel bad anymore, Pan took away the feeling. All of that." I just looked down at my boots as we walked.

We entered to camp. 

Wendy-

I looked at burning heart of the camp. "I'll get Pan." Nick said walking away. Damn it was tense around here. Pan this, Pan that, I'll just fucking fuck Pan! Fuck! 

I took a deep breathe, I don'r even know why I was so mad at him. I walked over to the logs,  and just like the first day no one even looked at me. I just sat with my head in my hands, distressed. That was until two happy faces came walked over to me.

"John, Micheal!" My face lite up. They both smiled back at me. "Wendy!" They said at once and bent down and hugged me. They then sat down on each sides of me. 

"How...are you...Wendy?" John says the sentence as if its a different language. I nodded slowly. "Good,  good." 

"Really, 'cause you don't look too 'good'." Micheal burst out. I laughed. "Micheal!" His bother said in disbelief. "Yeah, you're right." I jokingly agreed. 

"Well, you look better than most people after they've been beat by Pan." I winced at Johns sentence. He sucked in a breath, "Oh Wendy, I-" 

"It's okay." I nodded.

"Tell us a story!" Micheal shouted, getting the attention of a few other Lost Boys. "Shut up you twat! We haven't seen Wendy in fifteen years, and the first thing you ask of her is to tell a story?" John said elbowing his in the ribs.

"And, she likes telling us stories." He said in his defense. "Plus you're too old, you're fourteen."

"So, you're sixteen and like her stories." 

"I don't mind telling a story." I said with a smile. "You sure?" John asks. I nod. 

In the corner of my eye, I see Felix lean against a tree. "Everyone, Wendy's telling a story!" Yelled Micheal.

"Well, its a simple story about Light and Darkness. Light was a woman, more beautiful than any other girl you have ever laid eyes on, just as light is. And Darkness is a man who is more deceiving than the night sky itself. But he had fallen in love with Light herself, and although people laughed at him for ever thinking someone as pure would ever love a man such as he. So he set on a journey to somehow talk to her during the night, so he went to a wizard who granted him this wish and then gave Darkness the moon."

"At first Light was scared, and  almost didn't speak with Darkness, but Darkness had said to her," Dark is not opposite of Light, it is just the absence of Light. For without both Light and Dark we would not have the shade." And at those words she feel in love with him and every night they would talk and fall deeper into one another. They then went on to have children, the stars, as we know them." 

"Enough!" A dark voice yelled. I turned to see Pan. "Come with me." He demanded of me. 

Crap, as always my friends. Not proof read, as always, 3am, and I have to get up at 6. YAY!

There's Nick talking about his parents, its super depressing, YAY! IM GONNA GO WATCH PEWDIEPIE BC WHY NOT!!!!!