Chapter 22: Festering Feelings

Dang I'm cutting it close ,its Friday and I just started writing. At least my mom let me stay home bc I stayed up really late. So this is chapter 22 ,here you go!

Peter's POV

She did it again. She had some how weaved herself in my brain without my permission ,and wouldn't go away. She got herself in more trouble than she can think of. I could have helped with her new found powers ,but she pushed me away. Or was it me?

I had told her to rest ,take her mind off of things ,but she said she could barely close her eyes. Neither could I. As much power as she thinks she has ,or will have ,she's just a scared ,beautiful ,fragile ,innocent flower I hold in the palm of my hand. And that very hold I have on her is what's going to destroy her.

Its not like I care for her ,its just ,she's bringing unwanted trouble I've never had on my island ,and I don't like her going around bending and breaking the rules. Yeah ,I hugged her ,but that was to calm her down. It meant nothing.

I watch as Wendy sits in front of the fire with a blanket around her shoulders ,the wind blowing her hair. I could easily get Rumple off this island ,but something was off about his presents ,the way he's hiding things like never before. He would have most definitely told Wendy about the price. So what is he hiding?

Johnson walks over to Wendy and asks something ,moments later Wendy extended her arm and Johnson climbs under the blanket with her. I walk closer so I could hear them ,without them noticing.

“So what's up kid.” She said taking a deep breath. It was clear she enjoyed her time with him. “What's wrong?” He asked suddenly ,looking up. Wendy seemed surprised and smiled. “Nothing. Why?” She said ,trying to keep the worry out of her voice.

“Well…” He trails off looking down. “Its just ,Peter's been acting weird. And he only does that when somethings wrong with you. So I just thought that you were hurt ,or something has happened.” He says looking back at her his blue eyes shining curiously. I heard Wendy laugh ,and Johnson blushed.

“Nothing's wrong Johnson ,now go and play.” She says lightly with a smile. “Well ,okay.” He says standing up and running off without hesitation. As soon as Johnson leaves ,Wendy's expression changes and she looks back into the fire.

I guess I should have known Wendy had powers ,because the day she arrived it felt like an overwhelming amount of power had been dumped on the island ,and was fueling everyone and everything on it. But that would have to mean she was way more powerful than I thought. Something else that was strange ,I couldn't pull her heart out. No matter how hard I tried ,there was a force preventing me from pulling her heart out.

It was also odd when I realized I couldn't feel her presents on the island ,and I couldn't find her. How did I miss all of the signs? Maybe because I was to distracted by Wendy herself ,I didn't know she possess such power. Rule number three

3. Never distract Pan

Another rule.

Broken

I look over at Wendy and take a frustrated sigh. What just happened? That little kid knows nothing of me ,and he doesn't need to put ideas into her head.

I walk over to Wendy ,and sit by her on the log. “I messed up Peter. I really did. And I’m sorry. Just as thing's were starting to look good...I ,messed it up.” She said taking a deep breath and gives a sad smile.

“It's werid how thing's can be perfectly happy one moment ,than just...sad the next. It doesn't even sound like a word anymore ,just a state of being ,that I always end up going back to.” A tear falls from her eye and she wiped it away ,like she was just fine. But she wasn't.

Like it never happened. That was the first time Wendy had really opened up to me ,and I felt like wrapping my arm around her ,and hiding her from the world ,so she can be safe , like I did moments ago ,but my body does nothing and I just stare at her glowing skin in the fire. Why?

Wendy clears her throat.“What do you think the price is going to be?” She ask with hopeful eyes ,her voice seemed to cut straight through silence. I didn't want to put her under false pretenses and make her think she can take her guard down. “Nothing good.” I say watching the hope drain out of her.

“Oh.” She breathes quietly. I place my hand on hers. “But your strong enough to over come this.” I say with a reassuring smile. She looks at me her blue ocean eyes pulling me in ,and for the first time I can feel the magic in her ,and to admit...I liked it. And that scared me. I take my hand off of hers.

“Well ,if you can control your powers ,that is.” I say harsh. It was silent for awhile and I don't know why I didn't leave. What was I doing? Now that I know she has powers ,she can fuel me ,and the island. She just has to trust me. But it would initially drain her ,or even kill her.

The shadow knew what he was doing by bringing her here ,he knew I would brake my very own rule. Getting attached. But power is more important. And even if I feel for this girl ,I am way more power hungry than any feeling in my body. The darkness has token over and I love it. Every part of it.

But it seems everyone has broken the rule by getting attached to Wendy. I promised myself that Wendy wouldn't do this ,that she wouldn't make me feel again ,but she hasn't yet ,I won't let her. She seems to look past the shadow of my heart ,and go straight for the last bit of light. I needed to do something before I become like every weak person who feels.

My heart. I needed to get rid of it. Hide it.

“Peter.” Wendy says weakly. “Why don't you want to grow up?” She asked one of the simplest questions.  I look her deep in the eyes. The last time I will probably ever ,I realize how they shine ,even in the darkest time.

“Because ,when you grow up ,your heart dies. You become greedy and you care for no one but yourself. No body asks if your okay ,or if you feel okay ,you just have to make them believe that you are. Until one day...you're gone ,and they don't even remember you.” I say coldly. Wendy gives me a small smile. “Yeah ,your right.” She says moving her jaw. I stand up and prepare myself to put my heart away. And forget all about these festering feelings. “Wait.” Wendy says grabbing my hand. “You don't have to go.” She says patting the spot next to her.

Her hand was still holding on to mine ,her eyes begging. “Why?” I breath taking a deep breath ,barely being able to look her in the eyes.

“Because ,as mush as you don't want to admit it ,we need each other.” She says opening a part of herself to me ,hoping I would take it. Another rule she broke.

“I don't need anyone ,and neither should you.” I say pulling my hand away. I didn't take it.

I walk out of the camp not looking back ,fearing if I did I would take back what I said. I was never going to open up to anyone again ,give someone the opportunity to hurt me ,and I can be the only one to blame when I'm alone ,but its okay I don't mine.

All I know is I need power ,and Wendy has that. Either she dies ,or I do. My mind was filling up with so many thoughts ,thoughts that could drag me to Hell ,and lead me to the devil himself. Me and him would probably have a nice tea party though ,and brag about the pain we have afflicted upon others.

Just as I'm about to pull my heart and bury it under my thinking tree ,I hear a scream that can only be a girls. Wendy.

I forget about everything and appear at the camp. One of the boys lay lifelessly on the ground with a pool of blood around his chest. Wendy was gone. Felix come running out of the jungle with fear in his eyes ,and heavy breathing.

“What happened.” He asked rushing towards the lost boy.

“Rumple.” I say through clenched teeth. “The one ,and only! Dark one.