Chapter 46: The Forest of Fears

Hey hope you love this chapter!

I had many questions filling my head and none that I could ask of Nick, so I kept them to myself, though I could tell he was still worried. 

This was the thing about Lost Boys outsiders didn't understand; most Lost Boys are very kind and caring towards other Lost Boys (or girl) just not to enemies. A Lost Boy would risk his life for another but all the enemy would see it as was a savage boy out for blood, and that's not the truth.

They might be made out to be fearless, but no one is fearless. They might not be afraid of battle or blood, but deeper fears no one could imagine. Like the fear of opening up or being vulnerable. Its all different. 

But no, no one is fearless, not even Peter Pan himself. Hes afraid of growing up, along with many other fears I've yet to uncover. Hes just a coward. 

I stopped and sucked a breath in. "Nick I have something to do and I'd like you to leave me be." I blurted out. Nick narrowed his eyes at me. 

"I'm sorry I can't let you do that." He said shaking her head. I nodded. 

"I understand you're afraid of what Pan might do but-" He grabbed my arm looking into my eyes. 

"Wendy, I'm not afraid of what he might do to me, its what he might do to you I'm afraid of."  And I believed him. I could see it in the depths of his blue eyes. The same glint of fear I once got the honor to see in Peter's

"Fine." I mumbled, turning from his eyes and walking the opposite direction of camp. He stood still for a moment but soon walked side by side with me. 

He cleared his throat. "So where are we off to." He said with his hands behind his back. I glanced up at his cheery face for a brief second before looking back at the dry ground.

"A friends place, I have to let her know I'm okay." 

"What? Oh wait, do you mean Tinkerbell?" He said peering down at me. I nodded slowly. 

"Shes not really fond of us, you know?" He said with a sense of humor. I smirked up at him. 

"Oh yeah, and whys that?" I joked, looking back down. "What? We didn't do anything." He kicked a rock. 

"Uh huh." I bit my bottom to keep from a snicker coming out. "Okay, we might mess with her from time to time." 

I let a laugh slip out. I looked back up and noticed a familiar tree house. "Maybe you should stay down here." But it was to late, Tinkerbell was already looking through her window, and before I had the time to climb up the ladder she was already down with a half relieved half angry expression. 

I gave her small smile and she just looked me up and down with her arms crossed and then her eyes landed on Nick. 

"Why'd you bring one of Pan's goons along."She raised an eyebrow. "My names Nick." He said quickly. "I know your name." She replied. 

"And here I was thinking you'd be happy to see me." I said with a smug smirk. 

"Fairy's are so small they only have room for one emotion." Nick snickered. 

Tinkerbell took out her dagger and held it up to Nick's neck. Nick kept the smirk on his face. "Wanna say that again pretty boy." Tinkerbell mocked. 

Nick looked over at me, I shrugged with an amused smirk. He slowly shook his head. "Besides, " She put the dagger back in it's holster. "I'm not a fairy."

She turned back to me, "And you," She lifted her arms to my apparent appearance. "what happened, you were supposed to come back. Unharmed." She pursed her lips together. 

"My plans don't usually go as I want them to." I said with a humorless chuckle. Tinkerbell groaned. She grabbed my wrist and held it up to her face. "And whats this?" She said referring to the brown leather cuff around my left wrist even I haven't noticed. 

I raised my eyebrow. "I don't know." I snatched my wrist away from her grip and attempted to take off the cuff, but it wouldn't budge. 

"What the hell." I whispered to myself. Nick hovered over me, looking at the cuff. "Here let me see." He said simply, but he too couldn't get the cuff off. 

"I've got it." Tinkerbell said pulling out her dagger. Nick laughed and I looked at her with wide eyes.

"It must be magic, so I don't think anything will work." I said finally. 

"Your loss." Tinkerbell said putting the dagger back. 

I looked up at the sky, Tinkerbell following. She cleared her throat. "You should get going before Pan sends his boys out for you." I nodded. 

"I just wanted to thank you." I said sincerity. She nodded back. "Now get going." She said with a smile. 

I looked back at Nick, "Race?" 

"Wendy, you shouldn't be-" I took off running back to camp. I looked back and saw Nick roll his eyes and start after me.

I laughed to myself. I closed my eyes, feeling free. And if I ran fast enough it was almost like flying. All my worry vanished and I focused on nothing but the sent of burning fire wood and dirt.

That's what I loved about Neverland. That's why its my home. I'm free here and nothing could stop me from feeling that why, not even Pan. He might think this is his island, but its just as much mine as it is everything else that inhabits it. 

So why try so hard to control something so beautiful?

"Wendy! Stop!" I opened my eyes and looked behind me. Nick caught up next to me. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"You almost went through The Forest of Fear." He whispered as if speaking too loud would somehow get him in trouble. He looked behind me. 

I followed his eyes to a part of the island I've never seen. "That wasn't here before." I whispered to myself.

"I heard it just appeared after you had...died." I tilted my looking at the forest. Through out he rest of the jungle light shun between the tree tops, but then a sudden line of darkness falls over the area known as 'The Forest of Fear'. Violent sharp vines wrapped around the trees and ground and the skinny tall trees looked nothing like the other ones growing out side the so called forest. It was as if a haunting voice whispered in your ear to go out and grab the darkness as if it was solid. 

I stretched my hands out to the forest, just barely touching darkness. Before I got any closer a hand grabbed mine. I looked into Nicks bright blue eyes. But his hand didn't move mine, instead our hands just lingered in the air, barley touching the darkness. 

"Its said that the forest talks to you and as soon as you set foot into it you start to see all your fears come to life and it drives you insane and to the point of death. Pan sometimes sends boys into there for punishment. Pans the only one who has came out of the forest alive, to bring back the dead bodies. They say its because he has no fears." He said in a whisper. 

We didn't speak for a long time before I realized how close we were. I ripped our hands apart and turned back, seeing the path that took us back t camp. 

"Lets go." I said so quietly I was afraid he didn't hear me, but alas he took a deep breath and began to walk behind me.

OMG AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO KIND OF SHIPS NICK AND WENDY???? I introduced him in the early chapters and now hes back! Sorry its been so long and I suck but I hope you like this chapte as much as I do. The pic at the top is The Forest of Fears, kind of inspired by the Suicide Forest. 

I have a Peter Pan one shots book up and I'd love some request on that please! No one is commenting on it and I need request! So plesssss help out there!

Okay love you all! Bye.

~not edited~ 

~lol never edited~