Chapter 50: Warnings

Hey, so now a look into Pan's mind....

Pan's POV

Something is wrong. I'm missing something. There's something I don't know. Is she stupid? Does she not notice the way he looks at her? It's not the same way she looks at him.

But it seems like they know each other, of course they did not just meet. I've made a mistake. I'll admit it. But so had Wendy.

I filled my wooden bowl with stemming rabbit deer soup and went to my tent. I used meal times to work in my tent, or relax.

I walk in to my tent, which was larger than the others boy's. In the left corner was the bed and night stand, opposite to it was my book shelf, in the left corner was my desk where I had plans laid out, and opposite to it was the cabinet that had medicine and other supplies.

I took a small bite of the soup as I walked over to my desk, setting down the bowl. The Truest Believer was still not born yet, but his mother was on the correct path. So is the father. Everything's going as planed. Except for Wendy.

I bang my fist down on the desk. Damnit Wendy. Does she not realize how selfish she is? She sees me as the issue but it is she who is. I sit down in my wooden chair. Take another bite. As the days go on, I grow slightly weaker, making sleep and food something I must have for strength.

But don't get me wrong, I'm still incredibly powerful. Just not quite as when I first arrived. Now you may think I'm selfish for trying to take a boys heart and use it so I will live forever, but it's not just for me. It's for Neverland and the boys as well.

You see, without me Neverland would crumble. This realm would become no more, and the inhabitants on it as well. Because you see, I created it. And without the creator, it becomes just another tall tale.

So it's not just for me, it's also for the boys who so badly wanted to escape their lives. For the dreamers.

I look down and realize that my bowl is empty. I put my index finger and thumb between my wet lips and blew. Parker pokes his head in my tent.

"Yes Pan?" He asked in an almost dog manner. I wave him over, "Take my bowl and also tell Nick to come see me." He nods and takes the bowl from my hand.

Not long after Nick enters quietly. "You said you wanted I see me?" He asked with his hands behind his back. I stood up, wiping my mouth with a handkerchief and placing it in my back pocket. "Ah yes."

"Nick did you know Wendy prior to Neverland?" I ask placing a hand on his shoulder. He looks up at me with fear in his eyes. Ah, just what I want. "Well yes ,Pan. W-we knew each other from back in England." I nodded and turned around, placing one hand on my hip and the other on my chin.

This is not good. I turn around with the same expression. "Nick, you are aware romantic relations of any kind are strictly prohibited?"

He looked taken back a little, but a smirk still made its way to his mouth. "O-of course sir." I clapped my hands together and plastered a smile on my face, planting my hand firmly on his shoulder as I walked him out my tent. "Good, now keep that in mind."

*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wendy's POV

I walk into the kitchen tent and cross my arms across my chest as I stare down the pile of bowls. Now how am I to carry all those bowls down to the washing stream?

"Need some help?" Said a cheerful voice from behind me. I spun around to see Nick with a big smile. I breathed a breath of relief. "Yes!" I then remember that John and Michael are the ones who are to be guarding me at this hour.

"But you can not." My smile fell. "John and Michael are to be guarding me right now, and I'd hate to get you in any trouble." I said, starting to pack the dirty bowls in a crate.

Nick walked up next to me and began packing bowls in another crate. "I'm sure Pan wouldn't mind if I just help you with the dishes?" He said with a laugh. Before I could protest, a voice called my name.

"Wendy, Pan wants to speak with you." I turn around to see Parker. I nod as he walks away. Parker is the messenger, he's one of the fastest Lost Boys I've ever met, so he can travel news around the island faster. If you ever need him, just whistle. "I'll be right back Nick." I said wiping my hands on my apron.

What could he possibly want now?

~*~*~*~

I walk into his tent, Pan was standing next to his bookshelf with an open book. He closed the book and slid it back in its place. "What do you want Pan?" I ask as I roll my eyes.

"I just want to warn you Wendy." He said with a devilish smirk. I slowly inched to him with a raised eyebrow. "Warm me of what?" I ask slowly.

"Of Nick." He stated as if it were obvouis. I turned my head to the side in confusion."Do you not know Wendy?" Pan asked in sarcastic surprise. I frowned my eyebrows together. "Well I guess you are stupider than I thought. He's in love with you Wendy." Pan said rather dryly. "What?" I exclaim. "He is not, in love with me!"

Pan rolled his eyes. "Well of course he is. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at you." Pan said with disgust.

"Oh really? And how would you know what love looks like?" I was shocked and couldn't believe what he was saying.

"I know the look of weakness in a boys eye when he smiles at the girl that make him breathless. Making him do foolish and stupid things he doesn't even understand. It's almost hard not to see it." Pan said in an almost daze like state.

"And why are you telling me this?" I ask as I run my fingers through my hair. Nick was like my brother. And for him to be...in love with me was frightening. And just weird!

"Because you need to end you two's friendship at once. He will be crushed when he finds out you don't have the same feelings. And I don't need that kind of...distraction in my camp." Pan says calmly. I froze.

"And what makes you think I don't feel those same feelings?" I ask corouisly. Pan inched closer. His lips millimeters from my ear. I could hear his breath and smell his scent. My feet felt like they were glued to the ground and my lips numb.

"Because your eyes tell a different story. The fire flashing in them don't burn for him the way his do. And your heartbeat doesn't increase the way his does when he touches you." Pans hand slightly griped my wrist as of afraid I would slip away. My heart beat quickened. "Because you don't squirm in your seat when you hear his name." His voice just kept getting huskier and huskier with each words as he got closer, as if that were possible. "Because your lips don't twitch when you come face to face with him."

My eyes than made their way from his  lips to his eyes as they just lingered there for a bit. He then pulled away, leaving a what seemed cold and empty space between us. "That's how I know I you don't love him." Pan said with his back turned. I cleared my throat.

"Yes Pan. I'll do it imminently." I said with my head hanging low, walking out the tent.

SHITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN GUYS!!! WARNING YOU FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!