Chapter 53: Never Fail

So 13 Reasons Why has me fucked up and I haven't posted in forever and I feel really bad about that. I just ask that you please show support, because if you guys don't then why should I even post?

Idk, just please keep on coming with comments and votes, I love to read comments, thats my favorite thing to do. So please? Okay, this chapter is a bitch so beware.

Btw the song I've put up there kind of represents the whole book kind of? You can listen to it while you read or not. I recommend just listening to it and just reading the lyrics and just really understanding the song. So yeah, what ever you want to do.

Wendy's POV

"Has she eaten anything today?" I heard Pan's voice in a whisper outside the tent, talking to Felix who has been watching me all day while Pan 'sorted things out'.

"No Pan, she hasn't. Hasn't talked to anyone either. Not even John and Michael."

"I should talk to her, its been three god damn days!" You could hear in his voice he was tiered. But I was too. Dispite sleeping fourteen hours a day.

"That wouldn't be wise. She needs time Pan. She feels as if this is her fault."

"Well it's not!" His voice grew over a whisper and a 'shh' could be heard. "Its not her fault that Nick was a little baby who couldn't take rejection."

At this point I'm betting his fist are clenched, his eyes angry. And I'm betting he's scared.

"Have you found the body?"

"No. Not yet."

There was silence. "I'm going in."

"Damn Pan, no." A little ruffle was heard.

"Its my bloody tent. I'm going in."

I quickly rolled over, facing the wall of the tent, away from the entry. My eyes were open but I was hoping he wouldn't check. But he didn't need to.

"I know you're awake." A dip in the bed and his hand was on my head. I don't respond. He sighed. "Wendy you have to eat."

"Why." I state, turning on my other side looking at his frowned face. He shook his head and slide down, placing his arm under my head. "Because you worry me." I watched as his lips moved and he watched my eyes. Trying to calculate what I was thinking, he's always been good at that until recently.

"Well maybe I'm just not hungry." And I wasn't. I was too full of thought to be hungry. Too full of thought to be filled with restful sleep.

He cursed under his breath. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." I said simply.

"Exactly!" He sat up abruptly, his back to me. His fist clenched. "Do something Wendy. Be angry. Scream, cry, curse. Do anything."

"I think I've done enough." He turned around. "Wendy it's not your fault." He said softly. I sat up and crossed my legs. "Then why do I feel like it is?" I looked down at my hands.

"I can't tell you that. Because in my eyes you are perfect." He held my hand. I smirked.

"What?" I looked up at a smiling Peter. An actual smile. Not a smug grin or abused smirk. A smile. With teeth and all. "Because you are so cheesy?" I chuckled a little. But the smirk on my face quickly swept away and my chuckles turned into whimpers. Peter pulled me into his chest.