Chapter 37: Like Home

Hey guys! How did you like the last chapter? So, there is something I must confess. I did a crap job at building a relation with Johnson. So, yeah. Hope you like this chapter.

Me and Johnson arrive at the beach. I think back to when I first arrived and wondered if I should have chills of be exited. Just as I'm about to set foot on the sand Johnson holds out his hand restraining me from going any further.

"Might want to take those off, sand would ruin them." He said looking down at my boots. I look at the sand."Yeah." I say using a palm tree to balance me as I took off my boots one at a time.

When my boots are off I step into the sand and take a deep breath as the warm sand worms itself between my toes. Johnson had already took off his heavy coat and was in nothing but his pants.

I ran after him. He looks over his shoulders and this results in a playful game of tag before I catch him and throw his in the ocean with a splash.

When his head popped up with a smile, we both started to giggle like babies. He splashed me and I took my clothes off with nothing but my bra and shorts, and jumped in and splashed him back.  After a while of swimming we walked back to shore.

I plopped down on the sand next to Johnson's and I's clothes , not caring how much of a mess I looked like. Johnson sat down next to me and stuck his hand  into the pocket of his limp coat, taking out two pieces of bread and two apples.

"I snatched them form Felix's secrets stash." He said with a naughty smile. I giggled at his little thievery and took a piece of bread and apple, placing the bread in my mouth.

"Lets hope he doesn't find out." I say with a playful smile, mouth full.

"Oh, he won't! I've been doing it for quite some time. Since I've arrived actually, they never let us have snacks." He says with a shrug.

"How long have you been here? On the island?" I asked as I finished off the bread with a swallow.

Johnson looked up thinking, a finger on his chin, apple in one hand. "Not sure? Eight-hundred, maybe nine-hundred years." He said as if it was simple.

My jaw dropped. "Nine-hundred!"

Johnson took another bit of his apple." Yeah, I know, not so long. But I don't really count, why count time when time stands still in Neverland. That's what Pan always says."

"Not so long!" I nearly squeaked, my voice going up at least ten octaves.

"Yeah, I mean, Pan and Felix have been here for at least two thousand years. They where one of the first to be here."

"Wow." I breath looking up at the sky. The sun was still high in the sky. Pan said to be back before nightfall,  but I didn't really care, I was having the best day ever, and if I wanted to sleep out here, I would.

Johnson took another bite of his apple. "Do you ever miss your family?" I ask without thinking. Johnson's chewing slowed and I could see his look at me from the corner of his eye. He swallowed and looked down at his hands.

"I...don't really," he took a deep breath, "I don't really remember all that much."

"Well, what do you remember?" I push farther.

He looked at the ocean and paused. "I remember my mum, and my pa. And, I had a big brother." He bit his bottom lip.

"I also remember going to the ocean with them. We always went every year." He smiled to himself.

I took his hand. "That sounds nice." I say with a smile as he looks up at me with glossy eyes. He quickly wiped them away with his arm and stood up.