Chapter 41: Taking Hearts

Relatable rant at end. You can read or not.

My eyes flutter open as I'm being roughly shook. I groan at the sight of Tinkerbell. "Soups ready." She whispers in her think accent.

I nod my head and sit up as she hands me a warm bowl with a spoon. I look at it hesitantly. I already miss the food at Storybrooke.

"I didn't poison it." Tinkerbell jokes as she sits on a stool across from me, already shoving the steaming food into her mouth.

"I couldn't be sure of that." I sarcastically remark as I blow on a spoon full of the steaming liquid. She chuckles.

I look up at her for a moment. I don't know this girl, she very well could poison my food if she wanted to. But some how I know she wouldn't dare to.

Who was she?

"How did you get on this island?" I ask. It was a question swimming through my head. From what I've learned is girls are not exactly common on Neverland.

She looks up and for a moment I see a flash of pain in her eyes. "You don't want to hear my pity story." She mumbles. I'm almost surprised. After all that's happened to be, I rarely pity people. But on the other hand, there's lots to pity when it comes to Neverland and the people that inhabit it.

But I guess she knows that Neverland changes you, and you put your walls up, so telling a deep part of your history to someone you just meant is big and almost never done.

"I've heard many pity stories, yours will not bother me." I respond.

She sighs. "Its started after I lost my wings." She began. "I wanted a new start, a place where no one knew me, and I could be a new person. So I moved far from the Evil queens kingdom. I lived for many months in peace, and then one day I heard word of a curse that destroyed the kingdom. No one knew why, or how, our kingdom didn't get affected, but we didn't ask questions. I feared for the only family I had that lived there and set out on a journey to check to see if maybe the fairies survived." She solemnly continued.

"When I found out they didn't, I was devastated. I went back and something snapped in me. I was angry. More than I ever have been. That's when Pan showed up, promising me a life of... fun... of... happiness and freedom in a land far away, where I would forget My anger here. So I excepted. But he had a price. He gave me a drawing of a girl, by the name of Cindy, now that I think back, she looked like you a bit." She humorlessly laughed.

"He told me to find the girl, but I had to team up with a man, by the name of Hook, a pirate." She spit out. My eyes widen, even though She was looking down at her hands. I didn't say anything though.

"We found the girl, and brought her to Neverland, only to see her be killed. Hook was angered, not only at Pan, but also at me. I told Hook to leave, told him it was my fault, that this was my punishment and I would take it, whether I wanted to or not. So he left, and I stayed, but not after long was I banished from the camp, and was sent here. Alone. Angry. And without freedom." She ended.

"I'm sorry." I said under my breath. She stood up. "You should really eat up, sleeping spells make you hungry." She says with a smile.

I took a bite as of she was my mother and I felt I should do as she asks, letting the warm meaty liquid run down my throat in a soothing way.

I swallowed. "I need to go." I said firmly, remembering why I was really here.

"You know you can't. Its too dangerous. Plus Felix told me to watch you." She said sitting at the table.

"I don't care what Felix says." I say with a hint of annoyance. I could sense her roll her eyes.

"Well I do. I'd rather not get beat by that tall freak." She says with wavering patience.