Chapter 42: Doesn't Belong

Hey guys! I hate to say that my tablet, (which is the only thing I write on) has broken, but I hope it can be fixed as quickly as possible! For now though, I am writing on a laptop I'm using from my stepmom. I don't live with her so this is a bad situation I'm in. But I hope to still be able to update.

Chapter 42, here you go!

Peter's POV

I sat on a log thinking over the strange feeling surrounding the island. Feeding it. It was powerful. Dare I say more than me. Almost as if the first time Neverland encountered a scared girl. It was impossible though. She was gone. Dead to me, and everybody else. In a new world were should no longer harm my island. 

I stand up frustrated. Why hadn't Felix found the person? He was the best tracker on the island. But most importantly, why couldn't I  feel the person. Something was very wrong. But Peter Pan never fails. And I highly doubt this would be the first time. 

I walk to my tent, angered and fast. The boys watched as I past, clear to them I was distressed. I snapped them a glare and they went back to their activities. "Training mat! Now!" I bark, walking in my tent. I heard an echo of, "Yes Pan." In response.

I stop and take a quick breath. My eyes roll from one corner of the tent to the other. My eyes land on the shiny golden light pecking from between the crack of the dresser drawer. I open the drawer and grab the chocolate candy wrapped in gold. 

Waking out I see all the boys lined up around the large, black, square mat. "Nick, John. Center circle." They exchange nervous glances with each other, but quickly enter the circle in the center of the square.      

I lean against a tree, crossing my arms, smirking at the antsy movements of the crowd, but  I didn't say anything. "Today training will be different." I finally decide. I push myself off the tree with my elbows, walking between the two boys, silent eyes following. 

I present my hand, the candy bar shining in the sun. "This is one chocolate bar, correct?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, even though the answer was clear and silly. 

"Yes Pan." The boys echoed in sync. 

I frown my brows. "Is it?" I slid my thumb over the candy bar, only to uncover a second bar under it like a card trick. I chuckle. "Do you understand what I'm trying to teach you?" I raise scan the confused boys. Almost dim looking, I think.

"Anyone?" I turn my head with a smirk. How sad.

Out of the corner of my eye I see an armed raised. I turn and nod, "Yes, Nick." He's been here for quit awhile, I recruited him about two years after my change, since I needed fresh faces after I had to rule out discipline to those who couldn't follow my new rules, and I lost a few Lost Boys.

"It means that not everything is as it seems. What could look like a sweet dream, could very well be what you fear the most in disguise." Nick says looking at his shoes. 

I chuckle, "Correct Nick." The candy bar turns back into one and I toss the candy bar at him, and he catches it looking up at me in shock, holding it to his chest. I smirk at him.

I look up at the boys. "Not everything is as it seems. Eyes are easily deceived. Never trust your eyes. Go with your gut and what you know. Recently a traitor has infiltrated our island, they can not be found. If you see something out of the ordinary, do not hesitate to attack, whether its an animal or plant, it doesn't matter." I firmly say with my hand balled into a fist at my side. Realizing my baled fist I take a deep breath and and release it. 

I close my eyes and a weight was placed in my hands, I open to see a jar of black jelly like substance. "This is squid ink. It has many purposes, one that its most commonly known for is uncovering the truth. It undoes a glamour spell or returns shape shifters to their original form."  I announce as I hold up the jar.