Chapter 28: Worst First Day Ever

"Wendy, get up its time for school!" Mrs. Mayor calls from outside my door. I finally get up from a two year nap, and all I want to do now is sleep.

"I'm getting up!" I groan.

"You better hurry we're leaving in thirty!" She yells walking downstairs. 

I stretch like something from a horror movie and then get up. I look at myself in the mirror. My hair sticking out in every direction and my eyes barley open.

I slowly walk to the door and walk out. Or should I say in. I had walked in the closet.

I sighed and found the correct door. I walked down the hallway to the bathroom and got ready.

After brushing my teeth and hair, I got dressed in the new clothes the Mayor had bought me.

A pair of blue jeans, a black t-shirt, a white cardigan and a white fur coat to go over it for what awaits me out side.

And last, I put on some chap stick and light powder. It was simple and chic. I was happy with my wardrobe the Mayor and I picked out.

I skipped downstairs and saw her sitting down at the breakfast bar with a coffee and a news paper, and beside her was a plate of eggs, bacon, a slice of toast, and milk.

"You made this?" I questioned as I swung from the stairs.

"Well, I thought if it's your first day, I should send you of with a good breakfast." She never looked down from her paper.

"Thanks." I said with a smile, sitting down beside her.

"So, are you ready?" She asked putting the newspaper down. I hastily pulled the toast from my mouth.

"Ready for what?" I ask with a mouth full.

"For school." She laughed at me.

I wiped my mouth with my napkin and responded.

"Oh yeah, that." I say nervously bitting the inside of my cheek.

"Come on, it won't be that bad." She stood up and placed her coffee mug in the sink.

I took a big bite of eggs and tried to talk. "How would ya know." I once again said with a mouth full.

"Because, believe me, school wasn't all cherry blossoms and rainbows for me. Especially with my mother as teacher." She shook her head and opened the fridge.

"More milk?"

"Actually, I'm done." I say with a smile as she takes my plate and places it in the sink.

"Okay, let's head out."

I hate waiting in the office while they find the principle to introduce themselves and show me the class.

A man ,I guess to be the principle ,walked in and stood in front of me.

"Hello..." He tailed off.

"Wendy." I quickly finish.

"Yes ,Wendy! I'm Mr. Hulden." He had a warm smile and wide eyes as if he was as young as me. Just his eye though, the rest of him...not so much.

"So follow me, and I will show you to your classroom." He said walking.

I follow and we enter a hallway. As we walk up to a door, Mr. Hulden hands me a piece of paper. "This is your schedule, and this," he refers to the door, "is your first period.

As Mr. Hulden pushes me in, all eyes were on me. I held my breath, hoping that would help in some way.

Nope.