Chapter 55: Lost Battles

Wendy's POV

Many Years Later

I laid down in the hammock, waiting for Tink to get back with dinner.

Suddenly the door flew open and I leapt out the hammock and grabbed my dagger. Tink's blonde head popped up.

"You're not gonna believe-"

I took a deep breath. "Woah there." Tink said with a smirk, pulling herself up and into the house. "You scared the hell out of me." I said, sitting back down in the hammock.

"So what is it?" I ask.

"Someone's here." She said with a glint of mischief.

"What?" No one was allowed on the island unless...well unless he wanted them here. Something was happening.

"Theres new people on the island. And I hear more are to come." She said with a smirk.

I stand up, and open the door. "Where are you going?" I heard from behind me as I drop down, ignoring the ladder. "To go see these new people."

"How will you find them?" She called.

"I just will." I winked.

I close the door and here a sigh from Tink. I look around, making sure to see no one. I let my magic explode as I shifted into a bird.

My wings expand and I quickly soar above the tree line.

I knew something was up, it felt like I had an idea but couldn't really remember. Something was heavy on my mind. I felt like I didn't have control of my body as I thought of were the people were. But then suddenly I saw three figures moving awkwardly. Those are not Lost Boys.

I dipped down and settled on a branch. I studied the two...adults? And a boy. From what I can tell, although I can't quit hear very well, the boy did not like the adults.

You're not the only one kid, I thought. I guess it just comes along with being on Neverland, you just have a strong dislike for adults.

Felix emerges and the adults look confused and the women looks as if she's already planning something. Fighting broke out. Well, it wasn't really much of a fight as it only lasted a few second before they both laid motionless on the ground. A weight was lifted off my mind. But the boy did get away and the others began to chase him.

This was all too suspicion. What was he planning? Just as I was about to fly away, I saw that the woman was still moving, alive.

I shifted back into my form and slowly walked over to her. She looked up at me, the pain obvious.

"P-please. Help." She pleaded breathlessly.

"Who was that boy?" I ask, still looking around, making sure to not be seen.

"H-henry."

"Henry? Who is this?" I crouch down to her.

"Help." She said once again. Although time stood still on Neverland, didn't mean I had very much of it.

"Tell me."

She looked hurt, betrayed, as if 'how could this little girl be so heartless?'

"We were t-told that if we brought him to H-home Office, they would de-destroy magic. B-but we were tricked."

I quickly look down at her. "You are ignorant aren't you?" I sneered. "This is Neverland, if you were brought here, you should have known death was in your future. You deserve-"