Chapter 34: Peter Pan and Neverland

As we left I took one last looks at my grilled cheese. I just didn't have time. I left a tip and me and Gram slipped into his police car.

It was silent for a moment as he started the car and began driving. I looked out the window. It was raining, and I watched as the rain drops raced down the window in a rush. Crashing as they pour onto the concrete.

"So tell me for real. What happened to you?" I turned my head at Gram and gave him a confused grunt.

"What'd you mean?" I mumbled.

"Why don't you have your memories?" He asked with his eyes on the road.

I sighed." I thought I told you, back at the house."

He laughed. "Hardly. You said you don't remember who you are, because you, and I quote, got beat up real bad."

"Oh. I said that?" I thought back to what I said. That sounded stupid.

"Yeah. It didn't really answer a lot." He said quickly glancing at me, his mouth twisting into a smirk.

"Its just a long story." I said licking my lips.

"Just shorten it up." He said raising his eyebrows.

I liked that. How he didn't say that 'he had time', or that it was okay. He just said to shorten it. Like he wanted to know, but didn't push it.

I hate when people push it.

"I was in a coma for two years. I didn't remember anything. I was hurt very badly. No one knows how, or by who. Regina took me in. And here I am. But I need more. Like I'm searching for something that doesn't exist. Trying to remember someone I never met."

"I remember!" He yelled in excitement.

"What?" I questioned.

"I remember when Regina found you. That was fun. Well, not for you. We never found out what happened to this day." He said in a remembering daze.

"You worked my case?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yes. It was the buzz around town. You were one big question." He said with a sigh.

"Wow. Yeah, that sounds like me." I laughed to myself.

We arrived at the hospital and I took in a deep breath. Of course it wasn't really fresh air I breathed in because it tasted the same as it smelled. Bleach and lots of germ-x.

"Ready?" He said looking at me with arched eyebrows.

"Of course." I sarcastically mouthed.

We slowly approached the room that the boy was staying in.

I reached for the door knob but stopped.

"What's his name again?" I said placing my hands on my hips.

"Jacob." He said with no expression. I nodded and reached for the door knob.

But I stopped again.

"I think I should go in alone." I said looking up at Gram.

"What? Your not just using me for rides are you?" He joked.

"No, I just need this, okay?" I swallowed.

He nodded slowly.

"Thank you." I gave a small smile.

I opened the door and closed it quickly behind me. The boy sat up and smiled.

"Wendy! I was wondering when you'd visit me. Wow, aren't you a sight for sore eyes. Been a while hasn't it?" He giggled.