Chapter 24: I Hate It

Hey guys! How was Thanksgiving and all! So , I might be moving again ,so that made me sad. So sorry again if my writing seems sad ,but yet again this chapter is going to be sad no matter what!

Peter's POV

I watched as Wendy's body violently hit the stone ground ,blood staining her features. The magic that was holding me in place disappeared and I could move ,but I couldn't at the same.

"Damn it!" Rumple said looking at her emotionless face.

Me and the lost boys stood still looking at her body. The lost boys turned towards Rumple ,and the silent broke as they ran to him yelling.

I ran to her body ,picking her up. As I held her motionless body a breath I didn't know I was holding in let out. "Wendy!" I yell shaking her over and over.

"Wendy!" I repeated. I brushed her hair out of her face as I did the fist night she was here. She faintly gave a breath. She didn't have much time. She is so different now. That innocent and curious look she had was gone. And that fragile state she was once in ,is no longer existent in her. I had changed her. I had ruined her.

Blood cover her dirty white shirt ,I held her close ,refusing to believe she could be gone. Felix put a hand on my shoulder.  "The water fall!" He yelled through the screams of fighting. I thought about it and it was a perfect ,she could be saved and stay her with me.

But she would always be in danger. "No!" I snap. My whole mind and body had gone into panic. "What! Yes!" Felix yelled in confusion. "No! She has to be safe!" In a second ,and no less ,Wendy and I were in the middle of the camp.

Time was running out.

I gently set her down on the ground. I teleported to my tent and franticly searched my old wooden book shelf for my spell book.

I stopped as I found it. I flip every ripped edged page intill I found the one I needed. The one where she would survive and be safe. The one the Evil Queen was casting. Even if I'm late and Wendy's arrival will be late ,she will be cured and safe.

I teleport back to Wendy with the book in hand ,my body had started to ache from the amount of stress and magic I was using. She still laid there ,her breathing slowing. Unlike the Evil Queen ,I was more powerful and didn't need the ingredients. I pick her up and prepared my goodbye.

My emotions were getting the best of me and tears pierced my eyes ,burning as they rise.

"Wendy ,maybe in another world I deserve you. Maybe in this other world ,I'll be the right person for you. And if you think of it that way ,that's means neither of us didn't anything wrong ,we just found each other in the wrong world. And maybe me and you were just the unlucky ones ,and we were just in the wrong world. "

Tears started to fall as I look at her pale face. She's perfect ,and nothing could ever change that. Not the blood that stained her chin ,or the tear streaks lining her cheeks ,not even the pain that was buried deep within her eyes when she talked.

No. Nothing.

"To bad here and now just had to be it. Because if you think of it that way ,nothing is our fault. And you could have loved me to the moon and back forever. And maybe I would have let you." I watched as my tears fall on her face.

I couldn't bare to let myself fall apart anymore over her limp body. It was time. I wiped the last bit of tears off my face and set Wendy down for the last time. I waved my hands over her ,and summoned all the power of Neverland and myself. All power is driven my some emotion. Mine is sadness.

Green smoke begins to gather around her and after what seemed like forever ,she disappeared.

I fell to the ground ,grabbing my chest. I just laid on the ground holding my chest. Is this what heart break fells like? I hate it! I want it to go away! Go away!

The realization of the only person who saw me as more than the boy who wouldn't grow up ,was gone. And it hurt ,more than words could speak.

I heard foot steps ,but I didn't care. The person kneaded next to me and placed a hand on my bicep ,shaking me lightly. "Pan! What happened!" Felix's voice broke through my impossible brokenness.

"M-my...h-heart. Its-s b-breaking." I stutter through the unbearable pain ,my lip quivering. It was like a giant ,heavy ,sad weight pulling on my heart and pushing down on my chest. I hated it.

"Its okay. Where's Wendy?" He asked looking around. I sit up as Felix helps me. "She's safe." I said bluntly. The pain was not gone ,but for the moment ,Felix made me fell less alone. For now. But I didn't like the feeling of needing someone.

Felix looks at me as it saying. "More detail."

"I sent her to the land without magic." I say again ,Felix's expression enlightening.

"But won't she just call for the Shadow to bring her back?" Felix's asks walking to the well ,getting water.

"That's why I had to take her memory of this place." I say taking a sip of the water Felix's hands me.

His eyes were sad now ,and I knew he cared for our lost girl ,no matter how annoying she was from time to time.

"There's nothing for her here but heart break and danger ,she's better off....without me." It was the truth no matter how it broke my heart. Silence. I hate it.

Changing the subject ,I turn to a more aggravating topic.

"Rumple?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"He's gone. Didn't even put up much of a fight." I nod in approval.

I get up and walk to the edge of the camp. "Where 'you going?" I turn around with no emotion.

"To get rid of this pain inside of me." I say turning and not looking back ,disregarding Felix's words.

"Peter! That's not a good idea!"

I walked intill I see the haunted wood. W.D carved in the side of the tree.

Her thinking tree.

I get down on my knees and dig a hole with my hands.

In moments the feeling will be gone ,and I won't have to care. Ever again. Because I hate it. Everything about it.

With all the strength I had I took a deep breath and drove my hand into my chest. I pull it out quickly ,the burning sensation fading. I study my heart. It was mostly black ,with a little spec of light. I wonder what that light could be?

I could already feel the weight that was lifted off my chest. I smiled to myself. In no time I would forget all about her ,and I would be back to my old self. I put my heart safely in the hole under her tree. I slowly filled the hole with dirt and watched as my heart disappear.

Peter Pan has no heart. And will never love anyone ever again. He cares for no one.