Chapter 58: A Last Attempt at Redemption

Wendy's POV

I hate to do Pan's bidding but what am I supposed to do? I want him back more than I've ever wanted anything, and I want to save the island just as much. It didn't seem so bad what Pan wanted of me. I just have to convince poor Henry that I am dying, which is not completely false. I am weak, weaker than I've ever felt. I should feel guilty, I know, for this is Baelfire's son I was told. But I can't help but be desperate. I am weak and my emotions are everywhere. I am afraid I don't have much longer before I can save Pan and the island. So as I lay in the bed that Pan set up for me, I awaited for the plan to commence.

"You know, you really shouldn't look so glum." Pan emerges from the shadows of the room. After Felix revealed to me the plan, I didn't expect to see Pan so soon after what I pulled. I'm not sure what type of game he is trying play, but it is too late, I've been playing since the day I met him.

"And why is that? I thought that was the whole point, I'm dying, remember?" I attempt to be cocky with my tongue and sit upright to make eye contact with him.

"Ah yes, that is so. I bet you do wish that was an act." He makes his way around the bed and sits at the foot of it. I look at him curiously. Is there really any reason for him to be here? Does he just wish to see me hurt?

"I do, however you are dying too, aren't you? You are just as part of the island as I am, am I wrong?" I look at him puzzled. I know I am right. But he will not just admit it to me. He sees me as an enemy, a foe. He will not be vulnerable with me. But I do not wish to use it against him, I would never want that.

He stands and slowly steps towards me. Lingering like a predator to prey. "You see Wendy, that is the deference between me and you. When faced with a problem I do not let it weaken me. I find strength in solving my issues, bettering my enemies. I find strength when it seems there is none left. You however run from your issues and deteriorate when times become rough. You are simply the worse part of this island, a stain on the history of Neverland." He seethes his words out, and his eyes pierce mine with anger. Those green eyes, that one looked at me with admiration.

"Then why are you here, Pan? To torture me with guilt? Well I've tortured myself long enough, okay? You have no idea what it is like to watch your world move on without you. After a time, I no longer could. So yes, maybe you're right! Maybe I am weak, but I never lost touch with who I am, and what I fight for." I am overcome with anger as heated tears touch my cheek. Here I go again, crying. I look up form my hands and something flickers in Pan's eyes before he quickly furrows his brows together.

He sits next to me hastily, his green eyes burning with furry. "You want to know why I am here? To make sure you don't sabotage this plan like you do everything! Because it seems you can not be trusted alone, history has proven that a fact!" Another cut to open up the never healing wound. What will happen after this? Will we mend? Is there any mending that can be done? Or will neither of us come out of this happy, or even content?

"I am not your enemy here!" I plead, looking deep into his eyes. There has to be a shred of humanity left in him. Some love left in him. "When will you understand that I am not here to destroy you! That we are fighting the same battle, and I want just what you do. Please Pan," I slowly begin to reach out for his hand resting on the bed. "If there is no use for me after this why keep my alive? There has to be something inside-" Pan quickly presses his finger to my lips and he is dangerously close to my face. His hand slowly slides down my neck, and then suddenly a breath catching pain seres itself into the left side of my chest. My heart. He placed my heart back into me. Why?

I search his face for a hint of emotion, but am only provided with a smirk that graces his features. "It's time. Don't mess this up, or I will do worse than kill you. I don't need your heart to ensure you won't mess up, I will just kill John and Micheal. " A knot forms in my stomach and a weight is placed in my throat.