Chapter 10

We enter the house and people are everywhere. Some are standing and holding red plastic cups which I'm pretty sure holds alcohol, I see a couple making out on the floor, there is garbage everywhere, and loud music is bumping in the background. Nelly's, "Hot in Herre" ironically.

Some people are dancing in the kitchen and some are too occupied with the food on the counter.

Don't know how he got so much chips and guacamole, pretzels, candy and alcohol but then again he's full of surprises.

When we enter the living room, tons of people are dancing and a DJ is playing tracks in the middle of the room. The couches seemed to have disappeared because they are nowhere to be seen for some reason I notice a couple coming inside the house, through a screen door, on the other side of the living room.

What the hell?! There's a backyard?!
How the hell did I not notice that! My subconscious says in a pissed tone.

Like honestly, how did he do all of this so fast while we were gone?

"Oh. They're outside." Cora says and I follow her into the backyard.

The backyard is huge. That's all I gotta say. I mean the damn thing has a pool!

Some people are swimming in it, while others sit around it, dipping their toes into the water.

We spot Noah and his buddies sitting down by a table, in the corner. Clouds of smoke are in the air as we come closer to them. I cough and pinch my nose. They seem to be smoking something other than cigarettes. Trust me, you really don't want to know.

"Hey bro! We're back!" Cora says to him. She leaves my side and sits on an empty chair next to him. I just stand there. I really don't feel comfortable around these men. I don't know them. Except for Tony and Noah. Max seems to be missing so I assume he went home.

"Hello, Ava." Noah smiles weirdly at me. His eyes are bloodshot red and he holds a beer bottle in his left hand.

I don't reply already feeling uncomfortable.

"Hey, cutie! What's happening?" Tony says smiling. Tony looks better than Noah. His eyes aren't red which means he wasn't smoking weed like the others. He's also holding a cup of what looks to be orange juice.

I smile at him. "Hey," I reply.

"Sis, did she behave?" Noah turns and asks Cora.

"Yes. She did. We had fun." Cora turns and smiles at me. Noah takes a sip of his beer and tells her that's good.

"Who's this, Noah?" A man sitting next to him asks.

"Oh, she's nothing but my maid," Noah tells him.

"Dude, you got a nice package. She is smoking hot." He says to Noah.

"That's what I said!" Tony beams.

Noah frowns and takes the next sip of his beer. He turns to me and says, " The party's gonna be done within the next half hour. I want you to clean up the whole entire house. You can't go to bed until you do. I want it sparkling. Now, go get me a damn beer." He says to me and puts his feet on the table.

I gasp.

Well, excuse me! Do I look like a damn dog?! I have a name!

Wait a second...

Did he say I have to clean the whole house before I can go to my room?!

If this asshole wanna play this game, then we're gonna play this fucking game!

I frown. "No," I say in a pissed tone. His eyes quickly shot up to mine.

Tony starts to choke on his orange juice.

Cora's eyes widen.

Both eyeballs look like they're about to come out of her sockets. The men sitting around the table stop what they are doing and stare at me.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" Noah snarls.

"You heard me. I said NO."

I look at Cora and she gives me a 'what the fuck are you doing?' look. I turn my attention back at Noah.

"And if you want a beer, go get it YOUR DAMN FUCKING SELF!" I scream at him. I then quickly turn and run back inside heading straight to my room. Tears start to fill my eyes as. I push through the crowd of people. They are all staring at me but I don't care.

When I get there, I lock my door.

Holy shit. What was that?!

That came out of nowhere. He deserved it anyway. I might be his maid, but I'm a human being just like him. He can't just talk to me like that. I mean, come on! I just went shopping and I'm so tired. Now he expects me to clean the whole house by myself? Ha. He could go do that if he wants.

I am snapped out of my thoughts when someone starts banging on my door really hard. And I don't need a math book to calculate who the person is.