Chapter 22

Song of the Day - Bryson Tiller - Don't

***

"You look amazing! Come here, sexy! Let me curl your hair." Cora says, excitedly.

I stand still while she curls my hair. I still don't understand who in the world would throw a beach party in Canada, when it's still spring. Even though it's warm, I'm pretty sure the water would be still cold during this time of the year.

Fifteen minutes later she's all done. I put on a plain peach dress covering up my body. I then grab a sweater out of my closet. It might get chilly as the sun goes down. At least I'll be prepared.

"Perfect! Now put on some lip gloss and let's go!" Cora says, not questioning why I'm bringing a sweater.

When we leave my room, Noah is standing by the door wearing shorts without a shirt on. His abs are showing and I think I'm going to faint. He smirks and I know that I've been caught.

"Okay, so you guys ready?" Cora beams. Damn. I've never seen her so excited in my life. I gotta find out why she's so giddy....

"Yup." Noah says, interrupting me from my thoughts. He opens the door for us and Cora bolts to the car. I stroll pass Noah casually until he pulls me to him and closes the door. My back is now against his chest. I gasp.

"And where do you think you're going?" He whispers into my ear.

Lord, not again.....

"Um, I...."

His nose trails up and down my neck until he finally presses a kiss on it.

"Why are you doing this?" I whisper to him, closing my eyes.

"I told you." He smells my hair. "I want you back."

Fine, two can play this game...

I sigh heavily. "And I told you..." I turn around quickly surprising him. I wrap my arms around his neck and I start kissing his neck, making my way up to his lips. He inhales sharply and closes his eyes as I continue. I close my eyes leaning in, so my lips are inches away from his. I then open them.

"....We need space." He suddenly opens his eyes, shocked at what he just heard me say.

I smirk turning around and walking out the door, leaving him standing there stunned. I jump into the backseat of Cora's car.

"What took you so long?" Cora asked from the front.

I open my mouth to tell her but close it as soon as Noah comes in, looking pissed.

I smirk again, silently to myself this time.

Does that answer your question, Cora?

"What's up with you?" Cora asks him.

"Nothing, I'm... great." He huffs, sounding sarcastic.

He starts up the car far too quickly and I try to contain my laughter as he reverses out of the driveway.

***

The spring breeze is cool on my face. I have the car window down, looking at the branches of the trees dancing with the wind.