Chapter 23

U N K N O W N

Life is great. Well for me anyways.

I'm driving home when the stop lights haul me. The damn yellow light turned red in a nanosecond. My stomach is growling and I can't wait to get home to have my lovely dinner. I look out my window as the sun sets. The beach nearby is filled with wild people in their twenties.

Looks like someone's having a party.

I turn to my left and notice a girl making her way to the car park nearby, Her brown hair is blowing in the evening breeze. She drops something and bends to pick it up. When she stands, I get a better look at her face.

No...

It couldn't be...

But it was.

It was her.

***

A V A

Noah and I drive home in silence, the only noise was the radio. He said he would take me out on a date. I wonder where. I couldn't wait. I will finally get to know him better. He parks Cora's car in the driveway and we both go inside. It's now eight.

"That was a long drive. I'm starving, you?" I ask him. My stomach agrees with me. I really need to eat more.

"Yeah."

I stroll into the kitchen to make us some sandwiches. When we're done eating, he turns to me. "I'm taking you out on Friday. Make sure you wear something... comfortable." He smiles.

"Okay. Where are we going?" I ask curiously.

He smiles. "You'll just have to wait and see." He says and gets up from his chair. "Goodnight, Ava."

"Goodnight."

He stands there and I frown." What's wrong?" I ask.

"No goodnight kiss?"

I roll my eyes. "Goodnight, Noah."

"Awww come on, please?" He begs.

I think about it for a few seconds.

Why the hell not?

I take a step to him and he grabs my waist and I gasp in surprise. His mouth is on mine in no time. He kisses me slow and gently. I break it off when he tries to deepen the kiss.

"By the way, you looked really sexy today." He says with a grin.

I laugh. "Goodnight, Noah!"

He smiles and let go of me, retreating back to his room. I exhale a breath that I didn't know I had in me and smile. Boy was he messing with my head... And boy did I like it.

I clean up our dishes and head to my bathroom to clean off my makeup and take a bath.

As I sit in my bath full of bubbles, I think back to the events that happen today. I wonder if Cora's okay. I think about what happened earlier with her. She was so excited when Elle told her about Max. Maybe she likes him... Max looks like her type but come on he's a mob boss! I wonder how the hell that happen! Maybe a family business? Wait a second? Wasn't Tony the mob boss? Damn, I forgot. I'll have to ask Noah about that again later. And then there's Elijah. This guy already knows my whole life minus Noah and being kidnapped. Also Noah's ex... What's her name? How long did they date? I know he told me he doesn't want her back and so on but... I shake my head.

Just forget about it, Ava.

I step out of my bathtub and dry myself. I then search for some PJs to wear. I find a silk pink top and matching shorts and I put them on.  I then, tie my hair into a messy bun and head to my bedroom.