Chapter 36

Song of the Day - Dua Lipa - New Rules

***

A V A

Why? Why Lord? Tell me why? Wasn't taking one of my legs good enough for you?

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Ava." Lupe says once again from behind me. I turned around putting my hands on my hips while narrowing my eyes at the bitch. She smiles at me while batting her fake ass lashes.

"Came back for your man? Well, too late! Noah and I are together, bitch!" She yells at me. I don't know what the hell happen but I start to take action instantly and I tackle her to the ground. She lets out a loud scream.

"Shit!" Noah says from behind me.

I slap her on her face a few times before grabbing onto her hair. She then grabs my hair, pulling on it while kicking her legs from beneath me.

"Bitch!" She yells, trying to push me off but someone from behind starts pulling me off her.

"Let go of me!" I yell at Noah when I am off of her and he releases my arms. He sighs.

"Lupe, just go wait at the car. It's parked around back." He tells her while she gets up off the ground. Before passing us, she narrows her eyes at me and it takes all my self-control not to go after her and beat her tail up.

Surprisingly, no one came to see what all the big commotion was about. I guess the music was so loud that no one heard her screaming.
I frown. Geez. Anyone can get murdered or worse here and they can't scream for help. That is so not good. They really got to up their security.

I hear someone clear their throat and I remember that I'm not alone.

"Ava?" Noah softly says, before touching my arm but I quickly move away from his touch.

"What the hell do you want Noah?! Why the hell are you even here?! And with LUPE, of all people!!" I yell at him. I mean I really don't know why I'm yelling at him. It's not like I could care less who he was with.

Right?

His facial expression starts to change all of a sudden. Like he's pissed. Very pissed.

" What the hell do I want? What the hell do I want?!! Ava! I've been through hell these past couple of months and you're the damn reason why!!" He says yelling at me.

"Oh, I'm the reason?! It doesn't look like you've been through hell, seeing that you're back together with your damn ex!"

"Lupe and I are NOT and will NEVER be back together for your information! She was drunk and I was just helping her get home! I didn't even know you were here till a few minutes ago!"

I kiss my teeth at him. " Whatever, Noah! Goodbye!" I say turning around to leave but he grabs onto my wrist, stopping me.

" Oh no, you're not going anywhere!" He yells at me. How dare he!

"You are NOT the damn boss of me! Now, let go!" I say, wiggling my hand. He uses his other hand and grabs my waist, pulling me to him. I gasp.

"No, I missed you." He says in a calmer voice. He looks down at me.

"Well, I didn't! So let me go!" Struggling to get out of his hold again. He ignores me.

" Why didn't you wait for me that night, Ava?"

I freeze at his question for a moment. A quick one.

"Because I was free! And I wasn't going to let you take me back!" I yell at him. That was all I could think of telling him. His face turns pale. "But, I..."

"Ava?" A voice says from behind me and I turn to see Scott.

"Hey, Scott." I say to him, and Noah finally let's go of my wrist.

"Uh, sorry if I was interrupting something." He says, standing there with his hands in his pockets. He looks at both Noah and me.

" Actually you..."

"...were interrupting something." Noah scoffs cutting me off. His eyes stare coldly at Scott. I roll my eyes.

" No Scott, you weren't. Let's go." I say to him. I walk towards him but Noah once again grabs onto my wrist.

"Wait!" He says and I stop.

Ugh. You have got to be kidding me.

"Um, Scott? Do you mind bringing your car out front? I'll be there in a few." I tell him with a light smile and he slowly nods before leaving us alone.

I sigh and I turn to look at Noah. He looks... hurt.

"So, you're dating.." He says looking at me.

"That's none of your business, Noah."

He sighs at me. "Bunny, I miss you."

"Stop calling me that! I'm not your bunny! I'm your nothing!"

That must've angered him because he starts to yell again. "You're lying! Deep down, I know you still love me!"

"I never loved you!" I yell out but gasp quickly after. He too gasps and widens his eyes. My heart starts to quicken and my subconscious comes out to play.

Liar. You know you still do.

"I-It was all fake and y-you knew it. I-I thought I loved you but I didn't." I start to say to him, making up things on the spot.

"Ava..."

"No, Noah stop! Ray is dead and I'm free! All I felt for you was Stockholm syndrome. Go google it! What we had was fake! And I need you to come out of my life!" I yell at him and he just stands there and gapes at him. I start breathing in and out very loudly from all the yelling.

Liar, liar, pants on freaking fire. You know damn well what you two had was love.

I try to ignore her and the feeling in my heart. All I do is what my mind tells me to do.

I look at him and he is still gaping at me in silence.

Hold your ground, Ava.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, he walks up to me and grabs my waist, smashing his lips to mine.