Chapter 13

I follow him into my room. He unlocks my bathroom door. He then closes his eyes for a moment and turns to me.

"I'm sorry about last night. I wasn't myself." He says, looking guilty.

"You think?" I reply coldly. He opens his mouth like he's about to say something but he goes against it and closes his mouth.

"Thanks for cleaning the house." He says instead.

"Um, your welcome."

He lightly smiles quickly at me and enters my bathroom. He bends down and opens the bottom cupboard. He's looking for something. He then stands empty-handed.

"Shit." He curses.

"What's wrong?"

"Your face is bruised and it's also kind of swollen. I was looking for a treatment."

I come into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror.

Oh my...

I'm a disaster! He also wasn't joking when he said that my face was bruised. He also wasn't kidding when he said it was swollen either. I didn't feel anything when I woke up and it most definitely didn't hurt either. Plus my bathroom door was locked so I couldn't
see my face even if I wanted to.

"Did you grab an ice pack from the freezer last night to prevent this?"

"Do I look like I grabbed an ice pack from the freezer last night to prevent this?" I say sarcastically.

"God Ava," He combs his brown hair with his fingers looking stressed out. "Ok. Just clean yourself up and meet me in the living room when you're done," he says. He strolls out my bathroom and out my room door. I don't know why he's stressed when I'm the one who cleaned up a whole house last night.

I close my bathroom door and I quickly strip and jump into the shower.

***

I am finally clean and fresh as a daisy.

I leave my room and Noah is sitting on the couch, watching tv.

When he sees me, he gets up and I follow him to the kitchen. He opens the freezer and grabs an ice pack. He hands it to me.

"Put it on your cheek. It will help."

I take it from him and slap it lightly on my swollen cheek.

"Do you want to watch tv?" He asks. I blink at him.

Why the hell is he being so nice?

"I have to do the dishes." I snap.

"It's okay. Just leave them. I'll clean them."

"Um.. okay." I leave him and walk into the living room, taking a seat on the couch.

He's really being awfully nice.

Anyways, I change the channel to ABC Spark and I start watching The Fosters.

Noah shows up a few minutes later and takes a seat next to me.

This is... weird.

I grab the remote and hit the mute button. I turn to Noah. I ask him a question that I was wondering about yesterday.

"Are you a mob boss?" I blurt out. He stares at me for a split second and then bursts into laughter. I frown at his reaction.

"No Ava. I'm not a mob boss. I just kidnap people. Sometimes I steal for someone because they hire me to or I kill for someone," He turns and looks at me. "But it's usually men I'm paid to be after. Usually bad ones, I don't just kill just because. But no, I'm not a mob boss."

Damn. He kills. I shiver."Oh, okay." At least that's cleared up.

"Tony is though." He says and my eyes start to widen.

What?!

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear that. Can you please repeat what you've just said?" I say, not believing what he just said to me.

"Tony is a mob boss."

"Lies. You're lying, right? Please tell me you are."

He shakes his head. "Nope. I'm not lying."

"Oh my. But he's so..."

"Nice? That's an act."

Wow. I can't believe Tony is a mob boss. I would except this from scary Max, not cute Tony. My cheek starts getting cold from the ice pack so I put it down.

"Do you like this show?" Noah asks me.

"Yeah, it's okay," I reply. He's trying to change the subject. Not gonna happen.

"So... what's your last name?" I ask him.

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Call it curiosity."

"Did you know that curiosity killed the cat?"

I roll my eyes. "Oh come on. Please?" I beg.

He gives in. "It's Campbell. Noah Campbell."

"Oh. That's cool." I say.

Keep that in mind when you get out of here, Ava. Useful information for the police. My subconscious smirks.

He lightly smiles. "Thanks. Are you done asking me questions now?"

"Wait. I have one more... Who paid you to kidnap me?"

He frowns. "I told you already to drop that subject."

"Please?" I beg him.

He looks at me for a moment and turns, looking at the TV. "Not gonna happen so you better give up, just be grateful I spared you and be content with your new life."

I blink at him for a bit. I then sigh and I crank back up the volume on the TV and continue watching the show with him. Several minutes pass and Noah suddenly turns, looking at me. I turn, confused. He then caresses my cheek. I gasp and look at him.

"How does it feel? Does it hurt?" He asks. I slowly shake my head. His hand is so soft against my cheek. I wish it could stay there forever.

"I'm sorry." He says softly to me.

I stare into his blue eyes. God, he's so cute. Why does he have to be so cute? Ava, what's wrong with you? Stop!

He finally pulls away and continues to watch the show.

And I don't know why but I think I felt butterflies leave my stomach as soon as his hand left my cheek.