Chapter 44

N O A H

"Just look around for any clues," Scott says like he's one of the damn Hardy Boys.

I roll my eyes as I look around Elijah and Ava's apartment. Scott and I decided, no scratch that shit, argued, about where we should start looking for Ava. Of course, the asshole won and we're back to where I started in the first place.

I don't want to hear his goddamn mouth, blabbering to me about the importance of clues again. I quietly go into Ava's room while he's busy in the living room.

I sit on the bed and look around.

I miss her so much.

I sigh, rubbing my eyes with my left hand. I pinch my nose.

Don't worry baby, I'll find you. I always do.

"What in the motherfucking world?!" A hear a voice coming from the living room. I quickly come out to see Elijah, backpack in his hand and a suitcase behind him, looking at his place in shock.

"Jesus, man! What the fuck is wrong with you two?! I know y'all are fighting for Ava and shit but not in our place!" He yells at us.

"Ava's been kidnapped, Elijah. We don't know where she is." I tell him and his eyes widen.

He then bursts into laughter. I frown.

"You're joking, right? Please don't tell me you're actually serious?"

What the hell? We're telling him Ava is kidnapped and he's laughing?!

"Do you know who could have taken her?" Scott asks him.

"Oh, that's eeeeeasssyyy." He says, prolonging the word, easy. He continues. "Lupe did." He says and my eyes do the widening this time.

"Who the fuck is she?" Scott asks in confusion. Elijah walks in his kitchen, grabbing the apple juice carton from the fridge and drinking it.

"Damn, I was parched!" He says after drinking it , throwing it into the recycling bin.

What the fuck? Lupe has her?

"Elijah, stay on topic! How do you know this?" I ask.

"She called me, duhhhhh." He says sticking out his tongue at me. "Just a while go actually, I'm gonna go get Ava."

"We are coming." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"Are you fucking crazy? Don't you know your damn ex?" He continues. " She told me not to tell anyone."

"I don't fucking care. You're taking us." I say making my way to the door then I stop. "Wait. How do you know about Lupe? Please don't tell me..."

"Now why would Ava lie or keep secrets from little old me?" Elijah says innocently batting his eyes.

"Can we go please?" Scott says. I ignore him and make my way through the door. He follows me.

"Wait for me!" Elijah exclaims, locking the door.

"Boy, you're the worst. This girl got kidnapped and you're nowhere to be seen to protect her." He mumbles and I put my hand into a fist.

He's right.

This is the second time this is happening to her and it's all my doing.

We jump into the car, me going to the driver's end and I start it up. I come out of the complex, about to turn left, when Elijah stops me.

"No, I don't think we're going where she lives because I google mapped it and we're supposed to be heading in the opposite direction." He points

"Christ almighty," Scott whispers to himself.