Chapter 11

I am snapped out of my thoughts when someone bangs on my door... really hard.

"OPEN THE DOOR, AVA!" Noah screamed through the loud music.

"HA! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!" I scream back at him.

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR NOW AVA! I'M WARNING YOU!" I cross my arms and kiss my teeth.

"NOT GONNA HAPPEN!"

I assume he leaves because I don't see his shadow underneath the door.

"I'm warning you" my ass.

Yeah!

Like he's gonna come in and do something to me...

I turn around but stop when I hear the doorknob turning.

Shit. The asshole has a key!

Noah enters the room and slams the door. I don't even acknowledge him. Instead, I make a dash for the bathroom.

But I don't make it. Noah grabs my arm.

"Let go of me!" I yell. I try to twist and turn out of his grasp but he doesn't budge.

"I warned you and you didn't listen. You're in trouble." He snarls.

He pushes me on the bed and I quickly sit up.

"You think you can be rude to me in my own house? You must be pretty fucking mad!" He yells.

I stare at my bookshelf behind him, not making any contact with his eyes.

"Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He grabs my chin and turns my face towards his.

I turn back. "I said LOOK AT ME!" He yells.

I keep looking at the bookshelf. I finally turn and stare at his blood red eyes. Then, out of nowhere, his hand slaps my face.

I gasp and hold my right cheek. Tears start streaming down my face. I can't believe he just did that. I look down.

"I'm going to tell everyone that the party's over. When they leave, you better go and fucking clean the house!" He yells.

He turns and walks to my bathroom. He pulls it in to close it and then takes out a key from his pocket and locks the door. He then leaves my room and slams the door. I jump.

New tears start to build up and I curl up into a ball on my bed. He's so wicked. I hate him. Did he have any feelings at all? Of course, he didn't. He is nothing but a monster. I sob and rock back and forth in my ball. My cheek really hurts.

I hear the music stop and everyone booing. I then hear a lot of footsteps leaving the house.

When I hear nothing, I decide to go outside. I come off of the bed and wipe my tears away with my hands. I sniff and leave my room.

The house is, of course, in a disaster.
Noah is nowhere in sight and for that, I am eternally grateful. I head towards the kitchen and I open the bottom drawer to get the box of garbage bags that I saw in there earlier. I then start cleaning. I pick up tons of plastic cups and plates around the house and in the backyard. Wrappers were everywhere and there were some stains on the carpet. I pick up the wrappers and I get the OXI clean spray from the bottom kitchen cupboard and I clean the carpet. I also clean the table that Noah and his buddies were occupying in the backyard. I notice that the couches are in the living room. I guess people were sitting on them and the people dancing were blocking the view of them. I surprised I didn't see a thing.

I fix back the couches and the living room is spotless. Living room- check. I head to the kitchen and I throw away the pizza boxes, the empty beer and alcohol bottles, and I wash the dishes in the sink. I clean the counter and I sweep and mop the kitchen. Kitchen- check.

I wish I had my phone right now. I could be listening to some music while I clean.

I start humming some songs and I finish the backyard in no time. Check.

The place was spotless when I was finished. I looked at the clock on the wall. It's already 2:20 in the morning. I yawn. I turn off the lights and lock the screen doors leading to the backyard. I see light seeping through Noah's door. I was about to go tell him that I was finished but I stop myself. I feel the tears forming in my eyes.

Just go to sleep Ava. Fuck him.

I enter my bedroom and turn off the lights. I huddle under the bedsheets. I cry and try to get some sleep.