Chapter 14

Noah and I are interrupted by his phone ringing. I mute the TV. I then get up and go into the kitchen to get something to munch on. When I return with a pack of Skittles, he's finished with his call. I take a seat next to him, opening the packet.

"Hey. Do you want to go to a party? It's Max's." He blurts out, staring at me.

I blink at him. Another one?

"Um... sure. As long as I'm not cleaning it all up when it's finished." I reply.

He grins at me. "No, you're not."

I smile back to him. " Yeah, okay."

"Cool." He says smoothly, turning up the volume on the TV.

"So what time are we going?" I ask, curiously.

He looks at the time on his phone and turns off the TV. He then stands. "Now."

My eyes widen. "Now?! But it's so early!"

"Tell that to Max when you see him."
He says, grabbing my packet of Skittles. He pours some onto the palm of his hand and pops it into his mouth.

"Hey! That's mine!" I grab it back from him. "If you want your own, go to the kitchen and get one!"

No one messes with my pizza or my Skittles!

"Ok! Jeez, chill!" He chuckles. "Go get ready and I'll meet you outside." And with that, he leaves.

I roll my eyes and smile.  I get up and go into my room to change. I head straight into the bathroom and I search my closet for something to wear.

I finally settle on a black mesh panel skater dress.

I pair it up with gold bangles and some black heels. I leave my hair out and I put on some makeup. My cheek is all covered up and I gotta say, it looks like nothing ever happened. If only Sara could see me now, she would've been proud. I look totally gorgeous.

I leave the house and standing outside next to his Audi, is Noah waiting patiently. He looks up when he sees me.

Holy mother of sweet Jesus. Why do you do this to me? Why?

He's wearing a dark navy blue denim jacket with a button out denim shirt and some ripped blue jeans.

He looks at my body up and down before settling for my face. His mouth is dropped open. "Wow, you look..." He starts to say but loses his voice.

I grin. "So do you," I say awkwardly.

Ava, chill! Don't let him know he's getting to you.

He smiles, a type of smile that I haven't seen before, and I feel like I'm about to faint. "You ready?" He asks and I recover.

"Yep," I say excitedly.

"Then get in the car." He says smiling.

I get in and he goes to lock the front door.

He then gets in and starts the car. We back up out of the driveway and onto the road.

Five minutes have passed and we both haven't said a word. I try to start up a conversation with him.

"How long have you known Max and Tony?" I ask, curiously. It looks like they are best pals.

He frowns. "A long time." He says, not giving anything away.

I roll my eyes and he turns to see me. "Can you stop doing that?! I really hate it!"

I look down on my lap. "Sorry." I murmur. His mood swings are giving me a damn whiplash. One minute he's kind and happy and then the next, he's mad and angry and grumpy.

I wonder if men experience PMS too?

The rest of the car ride to Max's is quiet and I made sure that I kept it that way.