Chapter 50

A V A

Forget about him.

Forget about him.

Forget about him.

I open my eyes and lightly smile at the big institute that is staring right back at me.

University.

People are scattered everywhere trying to find their new classes. When I get inside the building, I start to wait in line for the "Ask Me" station to see if they can give me a map of the campus and directions on where to go.

I am so bubbly and so happy.

My first day in university. My day couldn't get any better.

***

"Elijah? Where are you?" I say into the phone. I called to see where he was because I came to school with him and he told me to call him when I'm on lunch.

"Building C, girlie!"

"The fuck? I don't know where that is?! This place is huge! I already got lost a couple of times today!"

"Bitch, never mind then! Where are you? I'll come to you."

"I'm at the main entrance. Just meet me at Starbucks."

"Okay, wait for me outside, I'll be there in a few." He says before sending me a kiss and ending the call.

I sigh. I make my way to Starbucks grabbing a seat. I put down my heavy backpack with way too many textbooks in it. My day has been great so far. I've gotten to know a bit about each of my professors and what they expect out of me this semester. I've also met a few new people and I think I made a new archenemy.

I laugh. But that's another story for another time.

I sit and wait on Elijah to come.

***

Thirty minutes pass and still no Elijah. I frown.

That's so weird. He said he would be here in a few. What's taking him so long?

I grab my phone out of my pocket and call him. It goes straight to his voicemail.

"What the heck?" I whisper to myself. Why is his phone off? I go to text him but suddenly there's a hand on my shoulder. I jump realizing it's Elijah. I smile.

"God I thought you'll never-" I start to say while I turn and look up at his face. But I stop when I see a face that's not Elijah.

My eyes widen.

"Hey bunny, we need to talk."

***

Forget about him.

Forget about him.

Forget about him.

Forget about him.

Message to the brain, canceled.

Shock.

Shock is all I can feel right now.