Chapter 33

A U G U S T

"Oh, honey." My mother cries. I grab a tissue from a mini packet I had in my pocket and I pass it to her. She wipes her tears and blows her nose.

"Mom, I'll be fine," I reassured her, rubbing her back.

" I-I know, It's j-just that you g-grew up so f-fast." She says, through her tears.

What a drama queen! My subconscious says while rolling her eyes.

"I promise I'll call you every Friday to tell you how my week was," I say, taking my suitcase out of the trunk.

"Yeah Ms. Adams, and I'll be here to make sure Aves is okay," Elijah says to her, helping me with the rest of my stuff.

Elijah and I ended up meeting again at a nearby Tim Hortons, two days after I graduated. I came in to get some Timbits, which are little donuts, just minding my own business and surprisingly enough, he was working at the cash register! We exchanged phone numbers and we had been hanging out ever since. Sara and Kelly are going to the University of Toronto but we promised to keep in touch. As for Elijah, he's going to McMasters with me but he's already into his second year. I'm moving into his apartment villa with him since it's very close to the university and he said he would drive me every morning to class when it starts in September.

 I'm moving into his apartment villa with him since it's very close to the university and he said he would drive me every morning to class when it starts in September

God. I really need to get my G2 so I can drive on my own.

"Okay, I think that's everything," I say, unloading the last box from the trunk and handing it to Elijah to put inside.

"Okay." My mom sniffed. She looks like she wants to break down into tears again. "Well, don't just stand there. Come give me a hug." she says, opening her arms for me. I go into them immediately and I embrace her.

" I'll be fine." I comfort her.

" I know. I'm just gonna miss you being in the house with me." She says.  We stay like this forever. I occasionally rub her back.

"Well," she says, after a while. Her eyes are back to normal. She just sniffs a little. "I should get going now. It's getting dark and I have no insurance on the car right now." She says, pulling away from me. She walks to her Benz, opening the passenger seat.

"Wow, what a rebel," I say, smiling and shaking my head at her as she gets in.

"I know right. I'm surprised that not a single policeman ha-- wait, never mind. I'm not gonna go jinx anything!" She says, laughing.
She closes her door and starts the car. She then rolls down her window.

"Bye, sweetie. Have fun! Oh, and make sure you answer your phone when I call or I'm gonna call Elijah!" She says, waving her hand at me.

I laugh. " Yes, mom. I will. Love you!" I say.