Chapter 20

P R E V I O U S L Y ...

A lady who looks like she's in her late twenties is wearing a bright yellow dress and looks ready and determined to state the news.

"Good morning everyone. My name is Nneka Elliott, and this is your news... One male is in hospital in serious conditions after a shooting in the city's Mt. Dennis neighborhood overnight..."

The lady pauses and the camera shows the neighborhood with police tape all over it. There are also two policemen talking next to their cruiser in the scene.

The camera once again shows the lady, who starts talking a few seconds later.

"... Police are still on the search for 18-year-old, Ava Woods, who went missing a few days ago. If anyone has any information, please contact the police..."

Oh. My. God.

***

I stare at the television, shocked. On the screen shows a picture of me, smiling. That picture was taken last summer when my mother, Raymond, and I went camping. The headline at the bottom of the screen says 'Ava Woods Missing'. The picture disappears and the camera shows my mother crying in Raymond's arms. She looks up at the camera and wipes her tears.

"Please! Anyone, please! Bring me back my baby girl! Bring her back!" My mother cried. Raymond hugs her, looking pretty sad himself.

"Hey, Ava?"

I quickly turn off the t.v and turn my attention towards Cora.

"Yeah?" I say, trying not to cry.

"Is there any hot chocolate?"

"Um... yeah, the top cupboard, last time I checked."

"Thanks... Are you okay?" She says, staring at me with concern. Well, damn. I didn't know I was that bad at hiding facial expressions.

"Yeah... I'm fine. I just need to... take a shower." I say, smiling at her.

"Okay." Cora simply says. She turns and leaves the living room.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I had in me. I stand and make my way towards my room. When I enter my bathroom, I quickly strip and take a shower. I start to think about Noah. We were going way too fast. I barely know him. I mean, come on. He kidnapped me and now suddenly I'm dating him? I do have some feelings for him, but I think maybe we should slow it down a bit and see where it takes us. I remember my mother and Ray crying on the t.v. They really miss me. What am I going to do? I push my thoughts aside. I'll figure it out later and talk to Noah. After washing my hair, I switch off the shower and jump out. I blow dry my hair and change into a baby blue dress. I braid my hair in one and I leave the room in search for Cora. She's sitting on the couch finishing up her breakfast.

"Damn girl, you look like a brunette Barbie doll! I should bring you to Mattel. Better yet, sell you on eBay... limited edition!" She laughs. I roll my eyes, laughing along with her.

"All you're missing is makeup! Come on, let's go do it!" She says, standing and grabbing my arm.

We make our way towards my room. " I didn't think you would be the one to do this."

"Me neither." She grins.

***

After playing makeup, Cora and I had some popcorn and watched The Vow. I have never cried so much for a movie since The Fault in Our Stars. The movie was about a married couple that got into a car accident. The lady didn't know who her husband was and she didn't remember all the beautiful moments and memories they shared. Throughout the movie, he tries to make her remember. By the end of the movie, it just made me feel so bittersweet. And let me just say how hot Channing Tatum is!

Cora thought it was okay. She didn't even shed a tear, which to me was weird. I guess movies make people react differently. We ended up taking a nap on the couch after.

I felt hands touching my legs which startled me awake. Noah was trying to pick me up. I looked around and I see that the clock on the wall says that it's now six in the evening. Cora is nowhere to be seen which means she went home.

"Hey, bunny. It's just me." He whispers to me. He picks me up bridal style and I wrap my arms around his neck, letting out a yawn. He smirks and carries me to his room, where he lays me down on the bed. He crawls in with me and I snuggle up against him. He closes his eyes while I stare at his beautiful face. God, he's making this so hard for me.

I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I can do it.