Chapter 46

S E P T E M B E R

***

A V A

"Come on Ava, push!" Elijah says, encouraging me.

"Come on! You can do it! Push!" He yells.

"Ahhhh!" I scream pushing with all my might.

"You're almost there. One more big push."

I scream pushing and pushing.

"Yes bitch YAS!" Elijah says, pulling on the other end and finally the new couch that we bought comes into the apartment.

"Remind me, next time, to work out. I can't do this crap!" I say, out of breath. I walk into the apartment, closing the door and lying on the couch.

"Don't lay on it! I wanna be the first to do that!" He pouts. He crosses his arms.

"Well, too bad!"

"You do know that it's blocking the doorway and we still need to place it properly so that it's facing the TV right?"

"Oh hush Elijah! Why can't you just shut up and let me have a break? I just helped you carry it up those flight of stairs. I'm tired, you know. I'm just a girl. I don't have the muscles..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." He interrupts me. "I'm gonna go get ready for my date with my boo, so peace!" He says, showing me the peace sign before walking off to his room.

"And what about the couch? How are you gonna leave, the couch is blocking..."

"La, la, la, this bitch is crazy, la, la, la, not listening!" He sings.

I laugh as he closes his door to get ready for his date.

***

"Yo. We should steal a car." Elijah turns to me and say.

"What the heck?! And why on earth should we do that Elijah, please elaborate for me."

We are currently in the living room, eating pizza on our brand new couch. Elijah just came back from his movie date with his boyfriend and we decided to order it in since we both haven't eaten. All he had was some popcorn  and sadly I just had some dry, highly stale crackers.

"I don't know?! It's the last on our bucket list and we start school on Monday. I just wanted to go do it."

"You are crazy. And first of all, I didn't agree for that to be on our bucket list."

"Oh yes you did, boo boo, oh yes you did." He states and I roll my eyes at him.

It's been a few days since I stopped thinking about him.

Noah.

If the obsession of calling his phone every day for the past few weeks wasn't enough, I had a lot of vivid dreams. Sometimes even nightmares. And they all seemed so... real. It was like I was actually there. With him. But when I wake up, I always realize that I'm dreaming. That he will never save me from his crazy ass ex or my zombie stepdad. I will never be pregnant with his baby. I will never see him again.

No.

Never again.

He really does hate me. It's been almost a month since I last saw him.

He told me we were done. How he wanted nothing to do with me.

I sigh.

I've been talking to Scott. A lot lately. After apologizing for Noah's behavior and him apologizing for the way he acted and lying to me about who he was, we decided to stay close.