Chapter 35

Song of The Day - Trey Songz - Nobody Else But You

***

N O A H

"Come on Noah! Lighten up!" Cora says to me while I change the channel on the tv.

"Cora, I said no." I snap at her. Jesus, she's so annoying when she wants something.

"Come on, please? Just for a little bit?" She begs and I roll my eyes at her. I'm never going to hear the last of it with her.

"But there's a Say Yes To The Dress Canada marathon that's coming on in fifteen minutes." I pout. I don't even know why I watch this shit but for some reason, it's very comforting to me.

"Noah, are you fucking serious? Just record it and watch it later. There's a reason why I told you to switch from Rogers to Bell. Bell is a better TV provider." She states and I groan at her.

"Come on, Noah!"

"Fine, fine Cora! I'll go to the fucking club with you and Max!"

Cora smiles and gets up from the couch. "Good. We'll go get ready and I'll be back in about two or three hours." She grabs her purse and dashes for the door.

"I fucking hate you!" I yell out.

"Love you too, big bro!" She says before leaving.

I roll my eyes and sigh. The club. She wants me to go to the club. Am I really that depressing? They think I'm overreacting since...

Since Ava left.

It's been a month since I last saw her. At her graduation. I was standing at the far back of the huge hall just watching her. She was so happy. She was so beautiful. When the principal called her name, I started clapping with the crowd. I saw her try her best to walk up the stage.

That fucking asshole did that to her. I was glad to burn down the barn with his body in it. I couldn't believe that Tony was behind her kidnapping also.

What an asshat. I should've known. I should've beaten him up when he touched Ava at Max's party. But of course, she had to mesmerize me with her lovely voice and make me change my damn mind. She was so happy when her diploma was handed to her. But then her smile went away when she saw me. Or I think she saw me. Her face went pale and that's when I felt it was time to leave. She was coming off the stage when I made a dash out of there. I couldn't afford for her to see me.

Fuck. I miss her.

I miss her so much.

I wish she was here with me. But I have to let her go. It's for the best. I get up and I go straight to my room to change.

When I'm finished, it's already 9 pm. I decide to go back to the living room and sit and wait till Cora and Max come back for me.

My eyes start to close on me and soon I'm drifting off to sleep, dreaming about luscious brown hair and beautiful brown eyes.

***

"We should just leave him alone."

"No. Absolutely not. He needs to move on and this is the best way."

"Just let him sleep, Cora."

"Didn't you just hear me? I said no. Now help me wake him up."

I open my eyes and standing in front of me is Cora and Max.

"Good, you're up and we didn't have to wake you." She says with a smile while Max scratches his head behind her. I sit up and rub my eyes.