Chapter 28

N O A H

"Are we done now?" I ask, finally unloading the last of the crates from the truck.

"Yeah," Marco says, wiping off the bead of sweat on his forehead with his arm.

"Okay cool. Catch you guys later."

"Oh come on Noah! What's up with you lately?" Marco asks, curiously.

"Nothing," I say, putting my hands in my pockets.

Max smirks beside me. He knows exactly what's wrong with me.

I'm fucking whipped but I really don't care. I just want to get home to my girl.

"Let's have a drink," Marco says.

"Yeah, Noah let's go have a drink," Max says, still amused.

I really don't know what the hell he's trying to do right now. It's like he forgot I just give him my blessings to date my sister. He's really pushing it.

"No... I have some stuff to do..."

"What stuff?" Marco pushes. Why the fuck can't he mind his own damn business?

"Cora's...PMSing and she told me to go buy her ice cream and I really don't want to piss her off by being late with it so... bye." I say turning around and walking out of the warehouse. They don't try to stop me and I'm glad.

"Finalfuckingly!" I say in my head when I get in the car. I start it up and I head home. I can't wait to finally spend time with Ava. It feels like I haven't seen her in forever.

Our date went just as I planned yesterday... well almost as planned. I smirk to myself. I still can't believe I told her the three words that I  never in a million years would say to a girl but it's true. I love her so much. I smile.

It is now five minutes to six and it is already dark outside.

I park up in the driveway and the house seems strange to me.

When I hop out I understand why. It's because there are no lights turned on inside.

They must have fallen asleep.

I search my pockets for the house key. When I find it, I push it through the keyhole and the door opens. The house is pitch black so I turn on the hallway light. As I walk down the hall, I call their names.

No reply.

"Um...you guys?" I say but still no reply.

I enter the kitchen and I turn on the light. The first thing that caught my eye was the huge mess before me. There were banana peels and a spilled substance on the counter which means they were probably making smoothies or some type of drink.

But why the hell would they leave the kitchen like this?

Something is not right.

I turn and I walk into the living room and I turn on the light. Cool breeze blow on my skin making me shiver and I look to see the back door open.

Oh no.

I turn and quickly open Ava's door to her room. The room is pitch black.

"You-" but before I can finish, I hear a muffling sound. I turn on the lights quickly to find my sister tied up in rope with a handkerchief tied around her mouth. Her eyes widen when she sees me.