Chapter 25

Song of the Day - The Chainsmokers - Closer ft Halsey

***

Noah follows me outside. I take a seat next to the pool and I dip my feet into the water. I shiver.

Damn, it's so cold.

Noah stands a few feet away from me. "Ava?" He asks.

I look up at him, annoyed. "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about Lupe."

Oh you mean the Ooompa Lupa.

"It's fine, I told you already." I huff and I stand.

He pushes his hands into his pockets. I start to walk past him.

"Fuck it." He whispers and he turns around and grabs my waist. I gasp in surprise.

"Baby I'm sorry, okay?" He pleads, his blue eyes never leaving mine.

God, can I ever stay mad at him?

"Okay," I whisper and this time I mean it. I smile at him and he lightly smiles back. He pulls me to his chest and hugs me. We stay like this forever.

Then, of course, I had to go and ruin the moment by yawning.

"Oops! Sorry." He chuckles. "Come on bunny, you're tired. Let me put you to bed." He says and takes my hand, leading me inside.

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously when we pass my room door.

"My room."

Oh! Duh Ava! If you're not going to your room, where else would you guys go?

We walk inside and it's exactly how it was the last time I was here. Clean. I seriously don't know how he does it.

I let go of his hand and I hop on the bed. Like a bunny. I'm surprised he doesn't say anything but as I look at his face, I see him hiding a smirk.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," he says and I sigh.

Damn it. All I want to do is cuddle with him and go to sleep.

He smirks at me.

"What?" I ask. "What's so funny?"

"You sighed. What? Do you want to take a shower with me?"

My eyes widened and I feel a blush coming on. I look at the clock nearby.

"Wow! Would you look at the time?!" I say in a high pitched voice, adding a fake yawn. "Good night!" I say to him and I turn around closing my eyes.

I hear him chuckle to himself as he leaves the room. I am fully asleep when he comes back in and lies down next to me, pulling me to his chest.

***

I wake up to a noise. When I turn, Noah is snoring peacefully. I smile.

Today is the day.

We were finally going on a real date! I'm so excited!