Chapter 19

Song of the Day - The Chainsmokers - Don't Let Me Down ft. Daya

***

I wake up to the sound of Noah's voice. He's on the phone with someone. I pretend that I'm still sleeping and I hear him say to someone that he'll do it.

I keep forgetting that I'm with a criminal.

I hear him hang up the phone. He then comes on top of me and kisses my forehead. "Good morning, beautiful," he whispers.

I stretch out my arms and I give him a kiss.

"Good morning. What do you want for breakfast?"

"How about you?" He says and I feel a blush coming on.

I hit him softly and giggle. " I'm serious."

"I'm serious too."

"Not gonna happen so dream on."

He grins and gives me a quick kiss. He gets off of me and jumps off the bed. He then grabs my legs and pulls me closer to him. He lifts me off the bed, I wrap my legs around his waist, and he carries me all the way to the kitchen.

He rests my feet on the floor and sits on one of the chairs near the counter table. I start to make us breakfast.

"How's your cheek?" He asks, out of the blue.

"It's fine. It looks better now." I say, cracking an egg into the frying pan.

"I'm--"

I turn and glare at him. "Don't even start. I told you that I'm okay."

"I still feel bad." He says, frowning.

"Well, you shouldn't," I say to him. I scoop up the egg with the spatula and place it on a plate. I start making some pancakes. I serve him his food and sit down beside him. We both eat quietly and I grab his plate when he's done.

He says, " Thanks, bunny." I smile at him.

He goes to his room while I start washing the dishes. He comes out all dressed in black. To be more specific, he's wearing a black sweater with a hoodie and some jeans. I'm finished with the dishes and I follow him to the door. He starts putting on his shoes and I stand in front of him. He gets up and looks at me like he's guilty of something.

"I have to go... somewhere."

"Okay." I simply reply. There's suddenly a knock on the door.

"Cora is here. I'll be back soon." He gives me a kiss and he opens the door for Cora. She has her hands crossed as she looks at us.

"Hey, Cora,"  Noah says.

"Hi." She says in a dull voice. She walks into the house.

Noah turns back at me and gives me a light smile. He then leaves, closing the door.

She starts walking into the living room when I stop her.

"Cora, I'm sorry."

"For what?" She says, looking even more pissed and annoyed.

"About me and yo--"

She stops me. "You think I'm pissed at you? Oh, no! It's your life. You can kiss him all you want. And I really don't mind that you two are dating. I saw it coming anyway."

I blush. Noah was right.

"It's just that... I hate it when he has to do his... things."