Chapter 40

So sorry for the delay my lovelies! I've just had a terrible case of writer's block. But I'm back and I'm better! Enjoy the chapter!

***

A V A

I get up off the bed and head to my closet to pick out a tracksuit. Just something I can easily slip in and slip out of. Noah is currently in the living room giving me my privacy so I can change.

I really don't know why I'm excited.

Maybe it's due to the fact that I've never been out with Noah since our date while I was his prisoner slash girlfriend. Or maybe it's just because Scott stood me up and I'm happy that Noah is trying to cheer me up.

For whatever reason, I'm actually glad I'll be able to get out of the apartment, even though it's late out.

I tie my hair up into a ponytail after changing and I grab my cell and wallet before leaving my room to meet up with Noah.

"You ready?" He asks me when he sees me.

"Yeah."

"Wow..." He says staring at me. "You're so beautiful." He says looking amazed.

I blush. And we just stand there. Looking at each other.

"Come on, let's go." He says after a while and we leave the apartment.

As we are crushing down the highway in silence, I look out at all the lights from the cars and buildings glowing in the dark. Everywhere looks so beautiful lit up at night.

"Your... friend, Scoot, is CEO of Marked! Inc. He's rich as hell." He silently says to me and my eyes widen.

What the fuck?! Scott's a billionaire?! For Marked! Industries?! Marked! is like a big-time corporation. I always hear about them from the news.

"Maybe he was too busy getting girls at his new club opening downtown Toronto..." He also adds, sounding extremely pissed off as usual and I roll my eyes.

He did a background check on him? Like seriously?

"First off, his name is Scott, not Scoot, and second, why are you snooping on the guy Noah?"

"I gotta check if he's safe to be hanging around my baby girl." He says, flashing his pearly whites at me.

I roll my eyes again. "I'm not your baby girl, Noah. So, get it out of your head please."

"Maybe not now, but you will be... soon. Just watch." He says feeling confident.

"Okay. I'll watch." I say, crossing my arms and he stays quiet for a while. I think he's biting the inside of his cheek.

"You know, you weren't complaining when I was making love to you last week on your bed."He smirks and I gasp. He takes one hand off the steering wheel, and takes my hand, quickly kissing it.

"Don't worry, I'll get you back." He says before releasing it and turning his focus back on the road.

***

It's nearly one and we've been driving for an hour and a half. We finally pull up at a diner downtown with a big sign saying Big Al's 24/7 Diner. Noah parks the car on the curb and turns off the ignition before turning to me.

"Cora and I used to come here a lot when we were small." He tells me and I remember about Cora.

"How is she by the way?" I ask him. Geez, I'm so horrible. I'm always with him. He just pops up at my place and I don't have the decency to ask about my friend who happens to be this sister.