Chapter 39

A V A

Tell me this. Please.

Can someone just answer this for me?

How long does it take to deliver a damn pizza?

A freaking pizza for Christ's sake!

When the delivery guy came that night, I told him I wasn't gonna pay for the pizza or tip him off for that matter. He clearly understood and gave me the pizza for free, but then I felt bad and just paid him.

Anyways, its been days since I've seen or heard from Noah and tonight is finally my date with Scott.

As I get ready, my mind runs on Noah. I really don't know why but it just does that. I wish I can forget about him. Forgot the effect he has with my body to make me crave him.

I shake my head.

No.

Tonight is all about Scott. Don't think about Noah.

I decided to wear an off the shoulder sweater dress. Nothing too fancy. Just something comfortable to get me through the night. I pair it off with some black boots. I leave my hair down and add on light makeup to my face.

 I leave my hair down and add on light makeup to my face

Elijah is nowhere to be seen. He went out with the guy he met at the club to watch a movie and won't be back till later.

I nervously bit my nails, anticipating for the clock to strike eight. I sigh and I take a seat on the couch. I stare at the clock.

Tick tock.

Tick.

Tock.

And so it goes.

I suddenly feel parched. I quickly get up and make my way to the kitchen for a glass of water. As I take a sip, my eyes take another look at the clock which now reads eight. I set down the glass and quickly make my way to my room for my purse.

Of course, Betty isn't helping.

After I grab it, I go into the living room once again and I sit and wait for Scott.

***

Two hours.

Two hours have passed and still no sign of Scott.

I tried texting and calling him and still no reply.

Did he forget? Was he ignoring me?