Alphonse Elric x Reader; Not Just Armour.

Okay. I'm so shocked that my Edward Elric fic was so popular! Within 4 days, I got 53 reads and 3 votes! Thank you so much! Anyway, here is Alphonse, and you will see more than the armour if you couldn't tell. For those of you who have seen Soul Eater, you have the same ability that Maka has to see souls.
--------------------------------------
'Oh, how pretty is that lady's soul?!' (Y/N) thought as she looked around Risembool(?) and saw only spirits with legs.

She was special, she had the ability to read souls, so she could tell when someone what happy, sad, or any other emotion, to relate to them and draw them in to her.

'I wonder if she knows about the twins she's carrying. I can tell she's worried, but she's married and the babes are very happy...' (Y/N) continued to natter on in her mind as her inner monologue spun wildly.

Alphonse and Ed were in the same town at the time, just returning from visiting Winry and having maintenance done. They were walking around town like they used to when they were children, but they were caught out by a girl, around their age, who ran into Ed's arm and was knocked over.

"Oi, you okay?" He asked, frowning as his arm had started hurting again already. She nodded and Alphonse looked at her curiously.
"Sorry, yeah, I'm okay. I think so, anyway." She mumbled, getting up and dusting off her long (F/C) jacket.

Al noticed there was something up with her eyes, like they were glazed, yet reflected souls. He gasped which caught Ed and the strange girl's attention. "Miss, are you that girl who can see what others can't? Spirit wise?" The timid soul inquired, only to make the currently smaller girl blush.

(Y/N) didn't know how to react. She was a soul hunter, but she was after the ones which were turning rotten, not pure innocent souls, like Al's and Ed's. "I guess you know me... My name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I am known as 'The Soul Hunter'." She then bowed to them, only to hear Ed's laughter from behind.

"That's pretty funny, but also awesome! Can you see my brother's soul? He's inside the suit." He covered, making the (H/C) frown slightly. She turned to Al and asked him; "Is it okay if I touch your chest?"

Al turned pink, but nodded his head as a yes. The (E/C) placed her hand against his chest cavity, shut her eyes before talking in her head.

'Soul Resonance!'

Her wave, so to speak, hit into his and she could see a blinding blue soul, but couldn't sense a pulse. She knew of the theory about bounding a soul to an inanimate object, but she turned to Edward in shock and put her hand on her (S/T) forehead.

"I know you two are the Elric brothers, and Edward... I'm so shocked you managed to do this with such a heavy object." She muttered, heaving between spaces.

She had never experienced a soul like that, and Ed's was battered, but it was just as blinding, blinding enough to overpower their new companion and make her pass out.
The two boys stared in disbelief as they were in an empty street, before Ed kicked off. "Al!! Help!! What do we do?!" He screamed, only to have Alphonse sigh and pick her off the floor, making his way towards Winry's once again.

~Mini Time Skip of about 30 Minutes~

Ed and Al knocked on the door, only to have Granny answer. "What have you two idiots done to this poor girl? She's Winry's friend!" Obasan(?) sighed, opening the door fully so Al could walk in and lay the new girl on the settee, whilst Ed explained what happened.

Al was in the kitchen when Winry walked in the door as she came from the market, only to drop everything she had in her hands and ran over to (Y/N) and start welling up.
"(Y/N)?!" She started to squeal, holding onto her friend's arm as Al walked in and put a damp cloth on her forehead. The armour looked at Winry and asked if she knew, and the blonde did.

"She overworked herself, didn't she?" The blue eyed female asked as Al hummed in response, only to hear (Y/N) mumble something in her sleep. "Alphonse... I can feel your soul... Don't be upset. Mama does love you and onii-san, I know it..."

Ed and Al were stupefied.

They had no words.

Ed knelt next to (Y/N) as she kept on mumbling, slowly waking up as she continued to talk. "Elrics... Your souls are the brightest souls I've seen... They are pure." She whispered before her eyes started to open, returning from their previous glazed look to their now tired shine.

(Y/N) awoke to see the brothers staring at her. "Uhm... Was I sleep talking?" She asked, slowly sitting up. Al just nodded his head and put a hand on her lower back, aiding her as she adjusted her sitting position.

By the time the (H/C) had sat up, everyone left them alone in the room. "Al... I connected to your soul. I still am connected to it, and I could tell what you were thinking..." (Y/N) whispered, surprising Alphonse.
"No, no! You have it wrong! I-Uh-I mean--," he sighed, giving up and just hanging the helmet down. "You were and are right. I always worry about onii-san, he's always getting into trouble..." Al sighed, only to have (Y/N) hug him as well.

~Time Skip Of Approximately Six Months~

(Y/N) had stuck with the brothers, as they learnt she could tell who was a homunculus and she could continue to her now disclosed governmental work, and keep an eye on the boys on behalf of Mustang.

They had headed to Dublith so the Elrics could see their old sensei, only to find out she had committed transmutation beforehand and lost part of her stomach to rectify her mistake.

Alphonse and Edward was shocked to say the least, but (Y/N) could tell. Part of Izumi-sensei's soul was missing, and she told everyone over dinner one night.

They went to bed after discussing the Philosopher's stone, only for (Y/N) to have fallen asleep in Al's armour because she climbed in there to make sure the blood seal was in tact.

She woke up just after Al had leant against the wall.

"Nee, Alphonse... We'll get that stone, no matter how long it takes. I can feel you, remember that... I can feel your determination and that keeps me going, so thank you..." She mumbled before falling back asleep.

Although he looked like just armour, Al managed to somehow feel warmth spread through his being, and his soul radiated glee.

"Arigato, (Y/N)-san." Is all he managed to say before he felt his soul bond with the other's.