[RQ] I want to know; Ushijima Wakatoshi x Reader.

RQ'd by 

I was kind of wondering if you could do a Ushijima Wakatoshi X reader (Haikyuu!!) I was kind of wondering if you could make it as if they were childhood friends and Waka likes the reader but the reader doesn't really believe in love(??)

I am so incredibly sorry I am late to writing these up. 2019 into 2020 became the shittiest of shitshows and only got worse as coronavirus happened, the UK went into lockdown, I left my boyfriend of three years because he was a controlling wanker, my job stopped for three months and university continued from home.

I APOLOGISE, I HAVE SLIGHTLY SWAPPED THE MAIN PREMISE, SO IT'S SADLY STEREOTYPICAL OF HIM.

BUT ENOUGH OF MY SOB STORY. USUAL RULES APPLY. ANGST AHEAD. PROBABLY SOME LOVEY DOVEY SHIT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five Years Old.

"Waka-kun! You're going to be my boyfriend when we're grown up, I love you!" (Y/N) (L/N) said to the young athlete, tackling him into a hug.

The young boy sighed, shaking his head. "Whatever you say, (Y/N)-chan. Love doesn't exist though..." He mumbled, wrapping his arms around the young girl's waist.

(Y/N) had by that point elected to ignore what he said, instead dragging him over to the swing in the playground. Ushijima just smiled softly as he was dragged over, accepting his fate.

Thirteen Years Old.

"Ushiwaka-kun! You're the best person I've ever had in my life! I love you!" (Y/N) cried as she was held by the now far taller and imposing Ushijima. 

 He was angry at the boy who had broken his best friend's heart, and couldn't understand the other emotion that came with it. 

'I'll ignore it, I have a match to worry about.' And like that, the feeling was forgotten.

Seventeen Years Old.

"Ushijima-kun, pay attention. You know this is your weakest subject, it would be nice to pay attention whilst I tutor you." (Y/N) said, poking him in the head with a pencil, letting out a frustrated sigh. The years of referring to Ushijima as Ushiwaka, Waka and Wakatoshi were long gone, leaving Ushijima to chase after these longed for and forgotten memories.

"Yes, I know, (L/N)-san." He said curtly, putting his pencil down and looking at the girl. They had been friends for twelve years, and he had seen her attitude towards him and her life on a whole since her first heartbreak, how she matured, how she stopped smothering him... He missed that. He shook his head to rid himself of that thought, and looked back over to her, her hand wrapped in her hair as she looked through the book in front of her.

He sighed, knowing this sign meant that she was getting stressed, and needed a break. "Oi, (N/N)-chan, let's take a break. I'll make some tea." He utters as he stands up, holding his hand out. (Y/N) was shocked for a moment, before smiling softly, taking his hand, his dwarfing hers, and lifted herself up as Ushijima pulled on her arm. Her body collided with his chest, an arm wrapping around her waist, holding her close for just a moment. "Thank you... Waka-kun..." She mumbled, burying her head in his chest to hide the blush on her face. He softly smiled, patting her head, letting go after a long moment, only to keep hold of her hand as he pulled her through his residence.