heavy

A strong gust of wind blew her hair around her face yet again, she had ditched the unnecessary welcome back party that her family had thrown for Josh and his friend Tyler just after they returned from the gigs they had been playing around Ohio. Her mind was splitting in half, her head aching badly, all she could hear was the leaves crunching underneath her footsteps, and the faint whispering in her head. They had been there since she was 5, her mother not caring even a small bit, waving it off and saying it was just her mind. She had been the most ignored out of the 5 children her parents had, Jordan, Josh, Abby, and Ashley. And had to get her own things with what little money she had. Josh had helped, but that was all, she had never had really much contact with the rest of the siblings but had the most with Josh. A faint shout broke into her thoughts, and she snapped her head up, realizing that she had entered a small clearing, where a boy looking around the age of Josh was sitting. It was then that she had stepped on a twig and the boy whipped his head around to look at her. HIs frown made his brows furrow together, softening only after only several seconds of staring at her. He sat up, a smile now forming on his face.

"You're Josh's sister right?"

She nodded quickly, feeling her face go from a terrified expression to one of mere confusion.

"I've seen you around before. Once this morning, Josh asked if you had been feeling fine. But you walked away."

She could feel her face burning and she just smiled tightly, remaining quiet and calm.

"Are you okay? You seemed awfully quiet since then, Josh has told me that his mom is the most harsh on you. You've gotten be-"

"It's not his place to talk about my happenings."

"He's your brother."

"What happens to me is to be only kept in family range."

"Why do you suppose he told me."

"Dumb decisions of his."

"Hey now-"

"No hey nows, I've been hearing hey nows for years from him. And I am not about to start with you. Now. I'll be leaving."

"Hey you don't have to-"

He looked up to stare at her, but she disappeared without a sound of leaves crunching underneath her running foot steps.