Chapter 14

Dylan PoV

I was stood underneath a birch tree in the middle of the forest. But where. Suddenly three figures ran out. A boy with black mop hair almost covering his ocean blue eyes and making him look ill with his pale skin. He looked around about eight years old. He was then followed by a young girl around the age of six. She had tar black hair falling to her mid back and the most piercing blue eyes. Behind her was a little girl around three waddling over. She also had black hair and blue eyes. They must be siblings.

The boy climbed up a tree nearby soon followed by the six year old. They were sitting on a low hanging branch but high enough that the three year old couldn't get up. Even after jumping and trying to reach for the branch, she couldn't.

"William! Dylan! Give me back my dolly" the three year old cried. Oh my. this is a memory. My memory.

" come and get it Annie!" Young me shouted holding out the doll

"I can't reach it! Please?" Annie started to put on a pouty face and her lips started to quiver.

William sighed and pulled her up on the tree with us. Young me offered her the doll which she gladly took and hugged it like there's no tomorrow.

"I like this" William said making both young Dylan and Annie turn their heads to him

"Like what" Annie asked

" this" he said gesturing around them " freedom from our papa. He's on the sea with his friends and mum is busy. So we can do whatever we want" young Dylan and Annie giggled

"Hey guys" Dylan said getting their attention "promise that we'll always be together"

"I promise!"Annie shouted

"I cross my heart" William said softly.

Then everything flashed past me and I was stood outside the door to My old house. There was screaming inside. I went to open the door, but my hand went right through it. So I walked through it.

What I saw horrified me. It was me when I was about ten laying on the floor bruised and bloody. My mother and sister were huddled in the corner crying and my brother was knocked unconscious. I clenched my fists.this was my fathers doings.

Speaking of the devil. In come my dad with a bottle of rum in his hands. He looked down at my broken state and smirked. He then turned to my mother.

"I'm going to the pub. Get rid of this mess before I get back" he said. My mother nodded and crawled over to me and William. Then my father left.

"I'm sorry" my mother cried into my chest.

Then time flashed by again. My fifteen year old self and my twelve year old sister were in the kitchen huddled in the corner of the room. We watched as the life left Williams eyes and the blood poured out of his chest and onto the floor. Our dad was passed out on a chair with his head on the table and a bottle slowly falling out of his hand.

My mother walked into the room and gasped. She then turned to us and ran over bringing us into a hug.

" come on" mother said and pulled them up

" where are we going?" Young Annie asked while being dragged with young Dylan out of the house.

"Away from this place" mother said and walked to the door with them. I followed slowly behind and stood on the doorstep watching them walk closer to the forest. Suddenly young Dylan stopped and turned to look at me.

" he's coming" her voice said in a whisper but the wind carried it to my ears.

"Who's coming?" I asked

She just smirked and carried on walking away.

"Dylan" a voice said. I looked around but couldn't find it.

"Dylan!" The voice shouted again.

"Dylan!" I shot up in bed and looked around. It was just a dream. I started to cry from the memories of william i so badly wanted to forget. Arms circled around me and I was pulled into a chest. I don't care who it is right now. I just want some comfort.

" it's okay Dylan. It was only a dream" the voice said. I recognised it as pans. " your safe" he said. When am I ever safe?

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. What kind of stupid question is that. " oh right,your voice" he said and flicked his wrist, giving me back my voice.

" now you want to tell me what's wrong?" He asked

"No" I whispered looking down at the bedcovers.

"Is it about william?" I snapped my head up to him and put on my most deadly death glare.

"How do you know about william?" I growled. He face seemed to drop. Like he wasn't supposed to say anything.

"Y-you mumbled it in your sleep" he said before getting out of bed and walking to the cupboard. I followed after him.

"You took my voice! How in all the realms could I mumble In my sleep!" I screamed in his face. He seemed scared for once. " how did you know about william?!"

" Imightofthreatenedyoursister" he blurted out really quickly.

I huffed and turned my head to the side and gave him my 'I'm going to kill him smile' " you mind repeating that?"

"I might have threatened your sister" as soon as those words came out of his mouth i immediately grabbed him and pushed him to the cupboard door with my hand on his throat.

He then smirked "we've been over this before Dylan" suddenly I went flying to the floor. That hurt my butt. He chuckled and opened his cupboard. He pushed some clothes out of the way and picked up a suit. I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"Have forgotten what today is?" He asked. Then it all came back to me. I pulled myself off the floor and started to run to the door when suddenly i lost the feeling of my legs and fell to the floor.

"Careful Dylan" he said. He walked over to my lying figure, kneeled down next to me, lifted the hair covering my ear and whispered " your sisters life depends on your actions" he then kissed my cheek. For some reason I felt sparks. what is he trying to do. he then walked to the door.

"Its bad luck to see the bride before the wedding so I'll have a lost boy pick you up in three hours " he said and almost closed the door but poked his head back in the door. "Oh and I left you a present on the bed" after he said that he walked out of the room. I hate him.