Chapter 32

Dylan's pov

Well I don't know if everyone's looking at me because I just practically exploded a living room or because of the commotion that happened just after that but I really don't like this attention. I know I'm a leader and all but a girl needs a break from these glances. Literally everyone is watching me. All I'm doing is sitting on a log and carving a stick into a smoother stick. Because that is super interesting.

Sighing I looked up at the faces "okay I know that I'm fabulous but that isn't an excuse to keep staring at me" that made everyone look away. I shrugged and carried on smoothing the stick. Then I could feel their stares on me again.

Groaning I got up and walked into the forest away from the staring vultures. "Stupid guy In my head" I mumbled, throwing the stick away and carrying on walking into the woods. It was quiet apart from the squirrels scurrying from tree to tree and a bit of wind.

I sighed and sat myself on a rock. "Finally some piece and quiet" I mumbled closing my eyes. I very rarely get to just sit my ass down and think but I guess today is my lucky day. Well sorta I mean the only thing on my mind at the moment is peter. I know that I should be concerned about the wellbeing of my sister or the hatred of my father but peter was the only thing on my mind.

I mean we have been getting on more now than when we first met. I mean he was an asshole but now I think that we can put that behind us for the sake of our followers. We have gotten on a lot better after the whole curse thing happened I mean a lot has happened.

He saved me from a bear, He opened up about why he did all those stupid things in the past, we had a mud fight, he helped me when the pain started, he tried to scare Mortem away, he makes the best pancakes, he's helping me get my sister back.

Maybe he's changing.

Maybe I'm changing.

I mean ever since I meet pan I haven't been my heartless, bitchy self and I'm starting to regret some actions that I did in the past.

Flashback

I had my eyes closed as I listened to the screaming coming from the girl in front of me. My smirk reeked of evil.

"Please Nap I never meant for it to happen!" Her high pitch voice screeched out.

With that I opened my eyes. I watch the helpless girl who's limbs were nailed onto a board all spread apart. Her clothes were almost ripped apart but the remainder of them were bloodied. Her face was wet from sweating and crying. Along with her blood from when I drew out one of her chocolate brown eyes. Below her head her body was bloodied, blistered and swelling. There were brand marks all over her body with things that I earlier called her. Some I slowly carved on with a dagger.

"You broke one of my rules jade" I said picking up one of daggers that I had heating up in the fire. "Then you had the balls to try and kill me once you knew that you did!"

Tears leaked from her eye as she shook her head "I'm sorry Nap. I'm so sorry! I never meant to fall in love with him"

I sighed "but you did. I'm guessing you've never heard of the saying love is weakness. Not only that but you fell in love with a merman. A fish! Then you thought killing me could save you and your fish lover. I have never been so disrespected!" I said before shoving the red hot dagger into her chest. The only sounds that could be heard were her screams and the sizzling of the dagger as it melted through her skin and boiled her blood.

I pulled a strand of her sweaty blonde hair away from her ear and brought my mouth near it "didn't you know that you were going to lose against me?"

I pulled back and twisted the dagger "I always win!" I screamed over her screaming. I watched as her head hung down. The bitch was dead.

I shook my head from the memory. That was just one of many. Most involving a lost girl falling in love. That meant that I failed them. They didn't believe that the lost girls could provide everything for them. A family, sisters in arm. They just believed in love and happily ever after. But you don't get that whilst hanging round with villains.

Snap!

My eyes opened as soon as a twig snapped and I pulled out my dagger, ready for an attack. But I put it back once I found my attacker. Umbra thought that I was playing fetch with her and the smooth stick i was messing with earlier.

"You scared me" I told her, before taking the stick off her and throwing it. A small smile graced my face when I watched her tail wag and she pounced after the stick.

Then I sat back down again. Before a bush rustled again "will you shut up Harvey!" A hushed whisper snapped.

"Sorry Paul it was the stupid spider on the floor. Scared the shit out of me!" The other voice exclaimed

"Shh! She's gonna hear us"

I rolled my eyes and stood up "she's already heard you!" I called out whilst umbra ran to my side and decided to growl at the rustling bush. Two filthy looking men walked out. Their clothes wear all mucky looking and ruffled. Like they don't wash them very much or very well, maybe both. They also had acne all over they're faces. but what got me the most was the horrid smell that reeked off them, Stale rum. I almost definitely knew they were pirates.

"Little far from your ship aren't you?" I said looking them up and down whilst placing my hand back on my dagger.

"Our captain wanted us to give you something" the shorter one barked out.

I gave an airy laugh "and he was too much of a coward to come himself" I mused

The taller one glared at me "he knew the consequences" he said whilst holding out the wooden box to me. I quickly snatched the box out of his hand.

"Consequences?" I asked whilst eyeing the edges of the box.

"The captain realises that he gave you three days but he's getting bored so he thought he'd give you motivation to attack. Although he only has to wait until tomorrow night" the smaller one who I'm going to call dumb dumb said.

With a quick glance at both pirates I popped the lid open. What I saw made me want to throw up in my mouth.

"That's your sisters" the small one giggled out.

That just filled me with more rage.