Chapter 28

Dylan's POV

"Where the hell have you been?" Peter asked as soon as I walked back into camp. Everyone was huddled around the fire eating or talking in a hushed tone.

"For a walk" I replied walking past him and on the way to the treehouse.

"For a walk? Are you insane? There are blood thirsty pirates around and you think it's time for a leisurely stroll" Peter snaps walking next to me.

I sighed and climbed up the ladder to the treehouse ignoring whatever Peter was shouting at me. As soon as I slammed the door behind me it was slammed back open. Peter came storming in.

"You could of gotten hurt Dylan!" He shouted.

"It's not like I'm not already hurt though is it Pan!" I snapped back, breathing heavily "look I'm already dying I'd like to make sure my sister is safe before I do"

"I'm not going to let you die Dylan I've already told you that" Peter said calmly

"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? WHAT IDEAS DO HAVE WITH THE SHORT TIME I HAVE LEFT?"

"Immorality" he said lowly, looking down at his tattered brown boots.

I gave a sarcastic laugh "immortality? You really think that a silly little kiss from you will cure me? Your even more delusional than I realised" I said before walking back to the treehouse door.

" but it's not just a silly little kiss!" Peter said pulling me back by my wrist. "Its much more than that to me"

Anger coursed through me. So I did the unthinkable. I grabbed his collar and slammed his lips to mine. It took him a couple seconds but he responded back. Then I pulled away "but it's not to me" I said before walking out of the treehouse, slamming the door behind me again. But this time wasn't opened again.

I stood on the railing of the treehouse touching my lips. There was a weird sensation happening on them when I kissed Pan.

Sparks

*

"Hey Felix" I said in a sigh as I sat next to him on the log.

"Dylan" he nodded still looking round at the camp like he was trying to find any difference from the last time he was here. "How's it going?"

"Pretty crap if I'm being honest" I sighed laying my face in my hands.

"Big argument you had with Pan" I looked up at him. He looked down at me and smirked "you guys were pretty loud and Pan left the door open"

"We also kissed" I muttered

"And?" he pestered

"I basically told him it meant nothing to me"

"Did it?" He asked, grabbing onto my hands.

"I don't know" I sighed looking away from his eyes and in the fire in front of us. I watched as the burning embers devoured the wood that a lost boy was throwing in. "I'm just getting used to seeing him everywhere I go. Its like when I turn the corner I expect him to be there. I know that I should hate his guts but he's kinda growing on me"

"True love at its finest" Felix muttered quietly. Then he sighed "you two remind me of hades and Persephone"

I chuckled quietly "I get the whole pan is a kidnapping devil but I don't see how I'm a pomegranate eating, flowers loving, goddess"

"Not personality wise, well except the hades and Pan thing. But your story's are quite similar. I mean the kidnapping. Pan didn't kidnap you but still, the way Peter instantly fell for you the same way hades did and let's not forget the wedding thing. I personally think Pan got his ideas from hades" Felix said before pulling out a stick from the ground and throwing it into the fire.

I shrugged "possibly"

Felix was about to say something when a bark interrupted him. Before I could even blink a black ball of fur jumped onto my lap. I pushed umbra away as she tried to lick my face. Felix laughed "looks like Pan isn't the only one who wants to kiss you"

"Shut up Felix" I said before putting umbra onto the floor. She gave a small whimper before curling onto my feet.

"She went all depressed earlier when you left her to gallivant in the forest. Wouldn't stop howling" Felix said stroking umbras back. "She knew you were distressed in some way. What happened in the there?"

"Nothing to worry about Felix. I just needed to be alone and take a breather. With everything going on I haven't had much of a break" I lied. Felix gave me a unconvinced look but didn't push on about it.

"Do you think Chloe and Carlos will get together?" He asked changing the subject.

I breathed out "I hope they do all these depressed looks Chloe gets when she sees him with Olivia is getting on my nerves"

"To be honest I think she can do a lot better. You can tell if you look closely that Carlos is pretty smitten with Olivia. She should find someone that would basically worship the ground she walks on"

"Like you?" I asked. He gave me a look " I mean the way you talked about her makes it pretty obvious"

"It's the same way Pan talks about you" Felix said. Suddenly my face felt heated. What's going on "oh my. Is THE Dylan Nap blushing?"

My eyes widened. I quickly slapped both my hands onto my cheeks to hide the redness. I quickly stood up " good night Felix" I said before attempting to rush away. Only to trip over umbra.

I held my hands out ready for the impact but it never came. But I felt the hands on my wrists. I looked up to see the deep green eyes of Peter Pan. I was shocked when he didn't say anything sarcastic he just helped me up and muttered "watch where your going" before walking away.

"I think he's given up" Felix said standing next to me.

I looked up at him "what gave you that idea?" He nodded down at my wrist. I looked down and gasped. The power band was gone. I am free